TV Series

Started watching the Roman Empire the other day on Netflix and couldn't put it down, it's a television docudrama based on historical events of the Roman Empire in anthology format with each season presenting an independent story of the era.

Season 1 reign of blood is a six-parter about Emperor Commodus and after smashing through every episode non stop I marched straight on through the night to series 2 of Julius Caesar's reign and what a guy with a sharp gladius he turned out to be. It's not the place to insert spoilers but safe to say there were some right back stabbing bar-stewards doing the rounds and as for that Brrutus I wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire.

The docudrama is interspersed with snippets and analogies from esteemed historians and professors of history trying to inject a little context into the action of the day and all explained and dissected magnificently for my GCSE level brain. If ever I maKe it to Mastermind I now know what my specialized subject would be. I cant believe that's where the metaphor Crossing The Rubicon came from and there's no turning back: The Die Is Cast!

Finally series three which I haven't watched yet is based around the antics of Caligula who had quite an eye for the ladies.

Here is a devoid from waffle review communicating the subject matter more eloquently than ever I could.

Series 1 trailer Commodus

Series 2 Trailer Julius Caesar

Series 3 trailer Caligula

And finally I announce with pride that I completed Ryse Son Of Rome in the difficult Centurion setting making piecemeal of my Away Trip to York. Maybe like mother said I was destined for greater things. Strenth and Honour !

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to Foundation as I was raised on Asimov, Y: The Last Man looks interesting too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.