TV Series

On episode 2. Born in 1962 and spent first 40 years of my life there (in Coleraine and Londonderry/Derry). It's a tough watch and makes for very sad viewing for me
I bet it does.
This documentary (if that's what it is) should be seen as a very important piece of social history from the viewpoint of those that survived those times (can I say survived?) and a groundbreaking piece of journalism. Again not sure if it comes under that banner, but in my opinion should be award winning and inserted into any modern day social history type curriculum. My total respect for everybody who went on camera to be filmed. That can't have been easy and you can feel the tension and emotion is still raw as hell. On either side. Brilliant.

And here I am at work moaning about the congestion charge.

Gave up on "The Diplomat" on NOW TV after 2 and a bit episodes.

What I thought it would be: A good look at what the British Consul did to help British citizens in trouble in Spain with the added bonus of some nice Barcelona locations.

What is was: Felt like it was written by a sex-mad 14 year old who focused 75% of the running time on the affairs of the consular staff with lots of behind-the-hand tittering at unfunny "quips". And they wasted their Barcelona setting by spending most of the time indoors.

I bet it does.
This documentary (if that's what it is) should be seen as a very important piece of social history from the viewpoint of those that survived those times (can I say survived?) and a groundbreaking piece of journalism. Again not sure if it comes under that banner, but in my opinion should be award winning and inserted into any modern day social history type curriculum. My total respect for everybody who went on camera to be filmed. That can't have been easy and you can feel the tension and emotion is still raw as hell. On either side. Brilliant.

And here I am at work moaning about the congestion charge.
I know guy in episode 2 talking about his mum. He's written book about his life and again a real eye opener for some to what some families went through.

Cambridge Ont. They're always filming near her house.
The Waterford house is in Hamilton Ont. and the Putnam house is not far from me in East Toronto.
Thanks mate. I knew some of it was filmed in Toronto but wasn’t sure where. It was a consistently good series.

Gave up on "The Diplomat" on NOW TV after 2 and a bit episodes.

What I thought it would be: A good look at what the British Consul did to help British citizens in trouble in Spain with the added bonus of some nice Barcelona locations.

What is was: Felt like it was written by a sex-mad 14 year old who focused 75% of the running time on the affairs of the consular staff with lots of behind-the-hand tittering at unfunny "quips". And they wasted their Barcelona setting by spending most of the time indoors.

Hi friend (1st post). I was just about to ask a question on "The Diplomat" when I read this.
I'm confused as theres 2 shows US and UK with the same title. I keep seeing how well rated the show is on US review networks, but which one is the rated one as I think I might want to watch? Thanks in advance.

Hi friend (1st post). I was just about to ask a question on "The Diplomat" when I read this.
I'm confused as theres 2 shows US and UK with the same title. I keep seeing how well rated the show is on US review networks, but which one is the rated one as I think I might want to watch? Thanks in advance.
Hello, and welcome to Blue Moon.

The version that is generally receiving good reviews is on Netflix - this is the US version. I’ve not seen this.

The abomination I was referring to is a UK production on NOW TV/Sky.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.