TV Series

doomuk said:
FantasyIreland said:
Take your pick of any of your choices mate,all superb,my favourite though has to Battlestar - brilliant in every way,and I don't think the SciFi thing will bother you to much.

Band of Brothers a close second mind......

Cheers, def seriously considering Battlestar.
I'm just normally into grittier stuff.

you may be pleasantly surprised how gritty battlestar galactica can get especially in the later series but dont forgot the stand alone films that go along with the series which are all equally as good.

Anybody watch falling skies?

Gave it a go but after around the 4th or 5th episode I couldn't stand it any more.

st. blue said:

Gave it a go but after around the 4th or 5th episode I couldn't stand it any more.

Yeah it started slowly season 2 was well better but now watching season 3 and that is even better

all these top shows
the sopranos
the wire
spiral
the killing
damages
underbelly

waspish said:
st. blue said:

Yeah it started slowly season 2 was well better but now watching season 3 and that is even better

^^ this, i love falling skies.

doomuk said:
FantasyIreland said:
Take your pick of any of your choices mate,all superb,my favourite though has to Battlestar - brilliant in every way,and I don't think the SciFi thing will bother you to much.

One of the best shows ever !!!. even non scifi people that actually gave it a chance liked it ! SOO GOOD !<br /><br />-- Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:06 am --<br /><br />Like i mentioned before there is a new show called Ray Donovan it looks really good ! check it out

AntiUnited said:
doomuk said:
FantasyIreland said:

One of the best shows ever !!!. even non scifi people that actually gave it a chance liked it ! SOO GOOD !

Yep sure is you got watch the mini series first before the first episode which is called 33.. What's good about is there is a beginning and an end

waspish said:
AntiUnited said:
doomuk said:

One of the best shows ever !!!. even non scifi people that actually gave it a chance liked it ! SOO GOOD !

Yep sure is you got watch the mini series first before the first episode which is called 33.. What's good about is there is a beginning and an end

Ye it gives u the lore of the universe there in. its like a movie actually But its also great !. top top show i hope they pick up a new series but we shall see

doomuk said:
Just finished breaking bad (awsome show!)
Looking for something to watch next.

Looking at one of the following:-

Dexter - a bit put off this as I've recently finished Hanibal and I can imagine this having a similar feel to it.
Banshe - noticed a few mention it on here but the review scores weren't as favourable as other shows.
Battle star Galactica. Not a huge fan of sci-fi shows but if its good ill try anything.
Band of brothers - don't really fancy period progs.

Like I said above, I don't fancy any period stuff.

Anyone comment on the above or recommend anything?

Banshee is great, but be warned, your wife may or may not wake you up in the middle of the night, hornier than a half fucked fox in a forest fire after watching it.

Banshee was ok but now't special I thought

I see from the list 2 posts up he's not watched Band of brothers. This my friend is TV gold. Period piece? Just get 2 or 3 episodes in and you are hooked. Brilliant, Brilliant human drama.

As for myself I've just started watching 'Our friends in the North' and am loving every second. Upto Episode 4 and had to force myself to go to bed the other night, could quite easy stayed up all night with it.

Love Luther on at the moment and my fave of the last couple of years has been Game of Thrones, I started the books and put them down because I love the TV series so much I wanted to follow it that way.

A poster mentioned 'Underbelly'? I watched the 1st series are the other 3 in different times just as good?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.