Twitcher - City not that good / spurs win to win the league

spurspinter1 said:
The media said Stoke were a good shout for fourth a month ago, who gives a fuck what the media says? Surely it's better to be flying under the radar anyway? Top of the table and you folks still find shite to moan about, sit back and enjoy it!

This.

Manchester_City_Blue said:
I never thought anyone could look more of a wanker hairwise than David James. Parker is certainly earning that title.

That Spurs full back's certainly giving Parker a run for his money
How can you even attempt to play football with a Yogi like that?

The Pink Panther said:
I never thought anyone could look more of a wanker hairwise than David James. Parker is certainly earning that title.

That Spurs full back's certainly giving Parker a run for his money
How can you even attempt to play football with a Yogi like that?

That Arsenal lad with hair like Whoopi Goldberg has got to be in with a shout.

JimB said:
A large reason for the animosity is to do with the Media. Cause 'Arry is their darling any praise gets blown well out of proportion.

Scott Parker for example, he has had a very good start at Spurs and rightly deserves some praise for that, but the obsessive wankfest is fucking annoying. Yet James Milner has been awesome for us all season two, surpassing Parker at times yet all he gets are small comments in passing.

Gareth Barry has also been excellent for us this year, outstanding in some games, but not a whisper in the press. Against Spain I saw Parker lose the ball on many occasions and no negative comments from the commentator.Barry loses the ball ONCE when he comes on and they are very quick to call him out.

I would guess that that's because other players are catching the eye at City - Aguero, Dzeko, Balotelli, Silva - and because it is City's new found attacking élan that represents such a vast improvement from last season.

By contrast, it is Spurs' solidity and doggedness - and Parker's contribution to that - that has been most noticeable about their imrpovement.

I suppose that's a portion of it but you still get it in some areas. I've seen one place claim that Modric is as good as Silva. Which as good as Modric is, is clearly very far from the truth.

Modric is a different type of player to Silva.

Modric is more of a Xavi type of player (not saying he's anything like as good). He's the oil that keeps the motor ticking over. Much of his work goes unnoticed.

Silva is a much more attacking player. Much more eye catching. And he has indeed been brilliant this season.

But both are great at what they do.

JimB said:

Modric is more of a Xavi type of player (not saying he's anything like as good). He's the oil that keeps the motor ticking over. Much of his work goes unnoticed.

Silva is a much more attacking player. Much more eye catching. And he has indeed been brilliant this season.

more Gareth Barry then?

The Pink Panther said:
JimB said:

more Gareth Barry then?

Ha!

Not quite.

The Pink Panther said:
JimB said:

more Gareth Barry then?

my bet would be for Gaz to tip the scales in that contest.

I disagree to an extent, Spurs didn't play badly in fact they were quite good on the day. Dzeko and Nasri were just in imperious form. And as for the goals themselves the Aguero goal came from a brilliant through ball and an even better finish so I don't think that could've been stopped. And Dzeko's 2nd and 4th were again brilliant finishes that couldn't have been stopped.

City were fantastic that day.

But Modric and Kranjcar in midfield........always going to be a struggle to keep a team with your array of stellar attacking options in check.

Had Sandro or Parker been available, we'd have stood much more of a chance.

I reckon you guys should all read this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=56659&sid=ab86df7458404f2d388cf96bd254cc33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.php? ... 6bd254cc33</a>

Most of them want City to win against the other teams. But as you can see, 27% of their fans are already starting to believe the media.

Based on the comments, 95% of the spurs fans really hate City. But the spurs fans on this forum doesn't seem to. So im a bit suprised.

BlueCityfan said:
I reckon you guys should all read this:

<a class="postlink" href="http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.phpIf=10&t=56659&sid=ab86df7458404f2d388cf96bd254cc33" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://glory-glory.co.uk/viewtopic.phpI ... 6bd254cc33</a>

Most of them want City to win against the other teams. But as you can see, 27% of their fans are already starting to believe the media.

Based on the comments, 95% of the spurs fans really hate City. But the spurs fans on this forum doesn't seem to. So im a bit suprised.

If you asked everyone that attended matches the stats in favour of City would be higher

City are no threat to Spurs, as Spurs are no threat to City.

Spurs want champions league, City want the championship.

If City can take points off Arsenal, Pool, Chelsea then most would be made up.

I'm pretty sure everyone around Eastlands would want Spurs to beat United and Chelsea, even though 50% on here would cheer on Chelsea and United

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.