Two faced city fans

There's loads of City fans who won't/don't turn up for CL games (reasons have been covered previously). That being the case perhaps only 20k of our usual crowd show up the rest are casual/tourist supporters.

We've had enough games now for the club to know this and City should either bite the bullet and accept piss poor crowds or give the aways a proper bigger allocation.

All the outcome will be from the game is that some regulars will be pissed off and stay away and the ones already missing aren't likely to return if they think they'll be in the middle of away fans.

I tend to find these things bother me less the older I get. I probably would have been pissed off with this when I was in my 20's but not anymore.

I don't know if anyone has discussed this in the thread already, but isn't there a chance the poor segregation is also partly a cause of the poor attendance from City fans? I went to the Juve game and it was a similar issue. Having German fans behind me was one thing, I'm not sure I'll be too happy if we get Roma next round and it's the same, what with their history. I'm sure plenty will feel the same and stay away - I noticed the Family Stand was half empty on Tuesday, it's just not worth the aggro with kids in tow, I suppose.

The ground needs re-configuring for CL games. It'll have to go like FA Cup games until we finally sort out the North Stand.

There's loads of City fans who won't/don't turn up for CL games (reasons have been covered previously). That being the case perhaps only 20k of our usual crowd show up the rest are casual/tourist supporters.

We've had enough games now for the club to know this and City should either bite the bullet and accept piss poor crowds or give the aways a proper bigger allocation.
That's all fine and well, but I would think City were quite surprised by the number that gladbach were able/wanted to bring, not many teams in the CL will fill our normal away end, let alone exceed it. I know its a while since they played in England, but even so, they weren't qualifying for the CL.

It would be interesting to know from City, how the whole of block 314 was given over to them, were season card holders told about this, or was it a reaction on the night ? not to mention the other areas in 115, 211, etc, but there were numbers all over the place. I'm in 315, and there were quite a few around us, though most seemed to move, after the stewards spoke to them. It would also be interesting to know what the police thought of the arrangements, no sign of them first half apart from a token one near the 314/315 tunnel, but in the second half they put a line of them on the steps between 314 and 315, though I hadn't seen any trouble local to me previous to that, and I didn't go down on the concourse at half time, so don't know if there was an issue there ?

Whatever you think of them being there (personally I'm not bothered so long as they don't take the piss), the organisation wasn't great by City, There were enough empty seats that they could have asked people to move, however unpopular, to accommodate them better together, and reduce the potential for tension.

It really is this simple, home end, away end. Fencing, segregation, stewarding, policing, it's all there for a reason, why the shock and horror when this is not adhered to is beyond me.
If you do sneak into a home end stay stum.

Are there any blocks in the stadium that do not include season card holders? If they kept a couple of blocks free from season card holders they might be able to use them as "overflow" blocks when there is high demand from away fans. I expect that some season card holders may object if they asked to move to allow the away fans to be given an increased allocation. Which could deter the club from adopting a flexible policy.

There is also the issue of the sponsors allocations. A large chunk of 105 is given over to sponsors. Nearly all of these seats end up with away fans (incl CSKA when they were banned).

Are there any blocks in the stadium that do not include season card holders? If they kept a couple of blocks free from season card holders they might be able to use them as "overflow" blocks when there is high demand from away fans. I expect that some season card holders may object if they asked to move to allow the away fans to be given an increased allocation. Which could deter the club from adopting a flexible policy.

There is also the issue of the sponsors allocations. A large chunk of 105 is given over to sponsors. Nearly all of these seats end up with away fans (incl CSKA when they were banned).

I would give the away fans the whole of the south stand lower tier and all or part of the second if needed, and move the displaced to the North Stand lower tier. Those in the North stand can either stay or move anywhere in the stadium at the normal FS price. It's not that difficult. I know people get attached to their seat, but the FS is the least filled for night games. Away fans must be told they will be ejected if they wear their own colours or cause a fuss in the home ends. They should only be sold tickets through their own club and they should cost the same as what the home fans pay. This should be the norm across Europe - it's the safest way to manage fans.

And half and half scarves should be banned.

At Bayern in the CL in 2013, me and the missus got tickets for the Bayern end. Walked in amongst them all with our City scarves on, no hassle. Went two down inside 5 minutes and had a crack with the home fans. We scored our first, I jumped out of my seat, cheering. Same for the second. When the third went in, I went mental. No hassle, no trouble, just had a good craic with the home fans.
The way it should be, and the majority of German football fans are brilliant.
So what if they were in our end? Get a fuckin life, and enjoy the football and meeting people from other cultures.
Anyone who feels the need to fight them, needs to grow up.

Were you making abusive gestures though? I don't think most have an issue with away fans getting tickets in our end but taking the piss is not accepted and quite rightly so.

Were you making abusive gestures though? I don't think most have an issue with away fans getting tickets in our end but taking the piss is not accepted and quite rightly so.

I wasn't, no. Gave that up when I left my teens. What exactly were the Mönchengladbach fans doing that was so abusive and upsetting to fellow Blues?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.