Two faced city fans

@ Innsbruckblue are you British?

If not rightly or wrongly with respect you won't understand the local fan mentally.

I wasn't, no. Gave that up when I left my teens. What exactly were the Mönchengladbach fans doing that was so abusive and upsetting to fellow Blues?

Turning round from the pitch, goading and taunting City fans, two fingers etc; the usual that happens at a football match when you're in the away end. Most of us have sat in the opposition's home end when we've not been able to get a ticket and either sat on our hands and kept quiet or at the very most jump up if we score but I think if you're deliberately goading their fans then you deserve what you get. Unfortunately, this stirs everyone up and the decent ones elsewhere in the stand get picked out in the hope that they will be thrown out. There was a German lad in front of us with a BM cap on who said he was here supporting his team but respected the fact that he was in the City section so would keep quiet and watch the game. As a result, he was chatting and having a laugh with the lads around him. Thankfully, we've moved on from just battering away fans because they're in the home end but football is tribal and for those 90 minutes it's us against them. I can't stand any team we're playing for those 90 minutes and that's one of the things that separates football from most other sports and if that's taken away then we may as well give up. Going to the match has already been sanitised far too much.

@ Innsbruckblue are you British?

If not rightly or wrongly with respect you won't understand the local fan mentally.

Of course I'm British! I grew up in Chorlton, been a blue since my first game in 1981. Had a season ticket for the Kippax for 10 years before I started working for City.
I think I do understand the 'local' fan mentality; however, what I don't understand is why it's fine for Blues to go in other teams' home ends and cheer, but we have to scrap with them when they go in our end. There was a scrap in our end at the last game in Munich because some Bayern fans were in with us. Yet it was completely acceptable for Blues to sit, sing and cheer on the home end at Stuttgart.

I was in Block 222 on Tuesday, and there were a lot of Borussia fans in that section. They celebrated their goals loudly, but on the whole were pretty respectful and well behaved. They were getting a bit of stick when City scored but it was fairly good natured.

I think the club could have organised it better, either by giving a bigger allocation in the first place or trying to group the Borussia fans in the City end together somewhere rather than having them dotted all over the place.

I didn't really mind though, the ones I saw weren't taking the piss and we've been in similar positions ourselves before when Blues have had to go in the home end on Euro aways. Live and let live, and all that.

Of course I'm British! I grew up in Chorlton, been a blue since my first game in 1981. Had a season ticket for the Kippax for 10 years before I started working for City.
I think I do understand the 'local' fan mentality; however, what I don't understand is why it's fine for Blues to go in other teams' home ends and cheer, but we have to scrap with them when they go in our end. There was a scrap in our end at the last game in Munich because some Bayern fans were in with us. Yet it was completely acceptable for Blues to sit, sing and cheer on the home end at Stuttgart.
Fair enough I was only asking as I thought you may have a European outlook for want of a better phrase, I certainly wasn't doubting your blueness.

Turning round from the pitch, goading and taunting City fans, two fingers etc; the usual that happens at a football match when you're in the away end. Most of us have sat in the opposition's home end when we've not been able to get a ticket and either sat on our hands and kept quiet or at the very most jump up if we score but I think if you're deliberately goading their fans then you deserve what you get. Unfortunately, this stirs everyone up and the decent ones elsewhere in the stand get picked out in the hope that they will be thrown out. There was a German lad in front of us with a BM cap on who said he was here supporting his team but respected the fact that he was in the City section so would keep quiet and watch the game. As a result, he was chatting and having a laugh with the lads around him. Thankfully, we've moved on from just battering away fans because they're in the home end but football is tribal and for those 90 minutes it's us against them. I can't stand any team we're playing for those 90 minutes and that's one of the things that separates football from most other sports and if that's taken away then we may as well give up. Going to the match has already been sanitised far too much.
Fair enough. I wasn't at the game so had no idea.

As a few people, like myself stated throughout the thread, it didn't kick off because they were singing, or because they were cheering. It kicked off because they were all being dicks trying to threaten and intimidate City fans who were in their own section! I got into the ground for 6:30 and was with one other English person. Because I was organising the banners and flags in 115 the hundreds of Germans on the concourse were already trying to intimidate me. Then 15 mins before kick off when they were out numbered they all fucked off to the seats, proper shithouse mentality.

When it kicked off, one Borussia fan jumped on to his chair, started climbing up the stand pointing at a City fan who he obviously wanted a scrap with. He got to an aisle with a couple of kids on, probably 10 years old, by which point the rest of the city fans intervened. His mates obviously tried to stick up for him but it was stupid, by this point, everyone's fuming, police are no where to be seen and it starts going off. They weren't just in the home end cheering, they were in the home end intimidating young children and innocent football fans who were sat in the correct area! If they'd acted in a civilized way nothing would have happened, but they provoked us!

I was in the home end in Borussia, with about 500 other blues (because our club sold us tickets there) there was no fighting but there were a lot of them trying to intimidate us there as well, so I'm not having it that they all sit together singing kum ba yah. You put any, non Dortmund fan in the yellow wall and they'd get leathered. Remember these fans were in 115, our singing section, not the family stand!

On a completely different subject though, you've done well moving from Chorlton to Innsbruck, probably the nicest place I've ever been too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.