Two faced city fans

In the Stretford End in 92 when Curle scored the penalty to make it 1-1 there must have been 100 blues stood at the back going mental, we've all done it and I had no beef with the Germans in with us at 101/102 last night, good natured lads.
i was one of them sat with two reds and one blue ,arms aloft i couldnt help myself.Surprisingly i got a few glares but more people took it in good humour

At Bayern in the CL in 2013, me and the missus got tickets for the Bayern end. Walked in amongst them all with our City scarves on, no hassle. Went two down inside 5 minutes and had a crack with the home fans. We scored our first, I jumped out of my seat, cheering. Same for the second. When the third went in, I went mental. No hassle, no trouble, just had a good craic with the home fans.
The way it should be, and the majority of German football fans are brilliant.
So what if they were in our end? Get a fuckin life, and enjoy the football and meeting people from other cultures.
Anyone who feels the need to fight them, needs to grow up.

Surely something like this would be easy to sort out for the club with regards to champions league away teams fans buying tickets in the home end. Why don't the club just have a policy where you have to of purchased 5 or more tickets for domestic home fixtures before you can purchase a champions league home ticket? Also might encourage some of the fans who only tip up to watch a champions league game to come to some of our less desirable league and cup games.

At Bayern in the CL in 2013, me and the missus got tickets for the Bayern end. Walked in amongst them all with our City scarves on, no hassle. Went two down inside 5 minutes and had a crack with the home fans. We scored our first, I jumped out of my seat, cheering. Same for the second. When the third went in, I went mental. No hassle, no trouble, just had a good craic with the home fans.
The way it should be, and the majority of German football fans are brilliant.
So what if they were in our end? Get a fuckin life, and enjoy the football and meeting people from other cultures.
Anyone who feels the need to fight them, needs to grow up.

I don’t have a problem with BMG fans in our end, particularly as so many City fans couldn’t be arsed attending.

However, I also think that there was some German naivety over how our more excitable fans might react.

Earlier this season I attended the Cologne-BMG fixture, which after Dortmund-Schalke is supposed to be the biggest rivalry in the Bundesliga.

Our seats were virtually on the segregation barrier, but there were dozens of BMG fans in the Cologne end. They wore colours and much to our amusement, joined in with all the bouncing and chanting.

In England, we call that taking liberties, so City were always going to react more aggressively than Cologne.

It’s wrong, as just like yourself, I was sat in the Bayern end for the 3-2 game. Also, I was on the front row when Petrov scored in the Nou Camp, and didn’t experience any problems.

In my experience, the Germans are the friendliest European opponents, so we should go out of our way to reciprocate,

However, If they are really being stupid, then we should let the Police/Stewards do their job

Surely something like this would be easy to sort out for the club with regards to champions league away teams fans buying tickets in the home end. Why don't the club just have a policy where you have to of purchased 5 or more tickets for domestic home fixtures before you can purchase a champions league home ticket? Also might encourage some of the fans who only tip up to watch a champions league game to come to some of our less desirable league and cup games.

Unless I'm mistaken that was the original system, but it was too difficult for a casual supporter to buy a ticket, even though the game was by no means a sell out.
City then went completely the other way, and started to copy United.
Now we get higher crowds than we've ever experienced in Europe, but you only have to listen to the accents, or observe the cameras flashing, to realise that there's a new breed of spectator.

Unless I'm mistaken that was the original system, but it was too difficult for a casual supporter to buy a ticket, even though the game was by no means a sell out.
City then went completely the other way, and started to copy United.
Now we get higher crowds than we've ever experienced in Europe, but you only have to listen to the accents, or observe the cameras flashing, to realise that there's a new breed of spectator.

Yeah I don't really mind the new tourist spectators as long as they get behind the lads in blue and not just come to take pictures of a certain greasy haired Portuguese...

Maybe going back to the older system might get them to come along more often and build a better relation with our club!

Really glad some of you lot weren't around in the 70s and 80s the Kippax would have been Red.

Last edited:
Unfortunately segregation at football matches is vital, we've seen it now for over 40 years.
It's football not cricket or rugby......unfortunately.
I used to enjoy watching from the end we were attacking - then walking round to the other end at half-time, sometimes along the side of the pitch. The idiots looking for a scrap ended that civilised behaviour, and now that we're used to segregation people seem to be more annoyed by infiltrators because they're not supposed to be there.

I used to enjoy watching from the end we were attacking - then walking round to the other end at half-time, sometimes along the side of the pitch. The idiots looking for a scrap ended that civilised behaviour, and now that we're used to segregation people seem to be more annoyed by infiltrators because they're not supposed to be there.

I enjoyed also but remember that was at the smaller clubs such as Huddersfield who didn't have an "Kop end" as such in them days. We could not have done that at the swamp, Anfield, Goodison or any of the top London clubs?
I understand your nostalgia but football and hooliganism have been together for many many years.
The scousers were wrecking trains in the 50's.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.