Two faced city fans

Hello Guys, im a borussia supporter and was at the game which i watched in block 117.
at first, sorry for my english, its not perfect.

i try to show you the side of view from borussia fans.
in germany it is unimaginable to have the home block directly in the near to the away block. i still cant understand which idiot had this idea to handle it like this.
mancity could sell 6000 tickets for the borussia supporters, they only get 3000, so the rest try to get tickets on other ways in other blocks.i think the most supporters,inclusive me, couldnt imagine that we are in the home area where the "hardcore" city fans are, because it ist totally stupid to put the home block near the away block.
when away supporters are in the home block at our "borussia park" it would escalate like at the game on tuesday. our away block ist on the opposite from our home block, so you cant get problems like that.
in germany it is normal to buy tickets in the near of the away block when you want to support your team and the away tickets are sold out. and so it happenend that many borussia supporter were in the city blocks.
when the 1:1 was scored and we celebrate, few rows in front of me city fans fighted other borussia fans. in the row behind me, a really big guy spitted at a friend of mine,gaved him a slap und shouted at us "youre fuckin bastards". i can understand that, maybe in our home block it would be the same. we left the block und watched the game from inside the stadium till halftime begans. in the halftime, some borussia fans, maybe 50, stand in the near from the fence of the away block, between us and the 300 singing city fans "Why the fuck they´re still here" (or something like that) stand only 6-8 police men. the situation was nearly to escalate, then someone opened the fence and we could go in the away block.

i hope it is easier for you to understand why some things happened so.
good luck for the next games.

bye

Rocksteady, thanks for posting.

If you are a member on the "Borussiafans" Forum, you may know that I posted it was a bad idea to buy tickets in the blocks directly next to the "hardcore" City fans. However by that stage it was probably too late and they had already been bought in the adjacent blocks. I did warn people on that forum, that there would be problems if you started cheering whilst amongst the most vocal City fans.

I ended up getting two tickets for Borussia fans and I specifically got them sat next to me and my friend in Block 102. After the trouble when Borussia scored, they understood why getting tickets in 115 was a bad idea.

Hope it didn't ruin your visit too much.

Hello Guys, im a borussia supporter and was at the game which i watched in block 117.

in germany it is unimaginable to have the home block directly in the near to the away block. i still cant understand which idiot had this idea to handle it like this.
mancity could sell 6000 tickets for the borussia supporters, they only get 3000, so the rest try to get tickets on other ways in other blocks.i think the most supporters,inclusive me, couldnt imagine that we are in the home area where the "hardcore" city fans are, because it ist totally stupid to put the home block near the away block.
when away supporters are in the home block at our "borussia park" it would escalate like at the game on tuesday. our away block ist on the opposite from our home block, so you cant get problems like that.
in germany it is normal to buy tickets in the near of the away block when you want to support your team and the away tickets are sold out. and so it happenend that many borussia supporter were in the city blocks.
when the 1:1 was scored and we celebrate, few rows in front of me city fans fighted other borussia fans. in the row behind me, a really big guy spitted at a friend of mine,gaved him a slap und shouted at us "youre fuckin bastards". i can understand that, maybe in our home block it would be the same. we left the block und watched the game from inside the stadium till halftime begans. in the halftime, some borussia fans, maybe 50, stand in the near from the fence of the away block, between us and the 300 singing city fans "Why the fuck they´re still here" (or something like that) stand only 6-8 police men. the situation was nearly to escalate, then someone opened the fence and we could go in the away block.

bye

Nice one mate, good to hear things from a different perspective.

And hit the nail on the head. We don't actually have a "home end" and that, in my opinion, means we'll rarely have the atmosphere we should have.
The opportunity was there for North Stand Level 1 to become the main "home end" before the club converted it into a family section but most of those who would have filled it seemed to prefer "banter" with the away fans in the South Stand.

I was in Block 222 on Tuesday, and there were a lot of Borussia fans in that section. They celebrated their goals loudly, but on the whole were pretty respectful and well behaved. They were getting a bit of stick when City scored but it was fairly good natured.

I think the club could have organised it better, either by giving a bigger allocation in the first place or trying to group the Borussia fans in the City end together somewhere rather than having them dotted all over the place.

I didn't really mind though, the ones I saw weren't taking the piss and we've been in similar positions ourselves before when Blues have had to go in the home end on Euro aways. Live and let live, and all that.

Now thats a sensible approach. I mean what's wrong with any of that...lets take 2 scenario's. 1, spend £500 going to an away game, wear some decent clothes, have a few beers, a laugh and maybe make some new friends for future holidays or business contacts or whatever. 2, spend £500 going to an away game, get into a mass brawl, miss most of the game, rip all your nice clothes, covered in mud, get fined/arrested and spend £300 on a dentists bill.

Don't get this half and half hatred

The only fans who buy them are tourists or people who are attending their first game...as a keepsake

It's not like it's regular match going fans
Most Monchengladbach fans seemed to have one, so its not just tourists or people attending their first game. I don't understand them personally, but can't say I worry about them either, if people want to waste their money on a scarf with another team on it, then that's their loss.

bye
Good post, and from my view the vast majority didn't take the piss and were respectful, but a small few did, so its not surprising that things wnet off, as you said.

Its always been the case in most English grounds that at least some of the hardcore fans stand next to each other where the segregation is, and as you say in most of europe (at least most stadiums I've been too) its the opposite. I've stood as an away fan on the home end in Dortmund (many years ago), and cheered my team (it wasn't City that day, but my adopted German one as I lived there at the time), and didn't face any issues.

Its always going to be a bigger problem when everyone has been drinking all day too, as happens at most european away games, so some (on both sides) can't control themselves.

Hope you enjoyed Manchester, you certainly seemed to from what I could see in the afternoon, and hopefully we'll meet again soon, most of us that attended the game over there enjoyed the day, and that is how it should be.

It's a new age now. It's not the dark days of the 70's & 80's thankfully. I think it's a sad day when people get started on, for wanting to watch their team play. Unless they take the piss, I don't see the problem with away fans getting in the home end to watch a game. Plenty of our fans do it on Euro aways. I don't understand the mentality of people who want to attack away fans for wanting to watch their team play.

It's a new age now. It's not the dark days of the 70's & 80's thankfully. I think it's a sad day when people get started on, for wanting to watch their team play. Unless they take the piss, I don't see the problem with away fans getting in the home end to watch a game. Plenty of our fans do it on Euro aways. I don't understand the mentality of people who want to attack away fans for wanting to watch their team play.
I don't want to attack them, I'd rather just watch my own club with my own fans and let the away fans do the same.
The new age can sling it if it means football is going to be watered down and rivalries are over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.