Two journalists have been shot dead during a live TV report

I think someone had his pitchfork ready and didn't read your post properly, it seemed pretty straightforward to me

I knew you'd be on here, ready to pounce.

I asked the question, because aside from reading about the 'media', it's difficult to understand media doing any kind of 'riot'.

I've never heard of it, so I guess you have, as a phrase, around your neck of the woods.

I live in Manchester.

We don't say that, so I asked.

I see you had that pitchfork of your own out, pretty quick, eh?

I knew you'd be on here, ready to pounce.

I asked the question, because aside from reading about the 'media', it's difficult to understand media doing any kind of 'riot'.

I've never heard of it, so I guess you have, as a phrase, around your neck of the woods.

I live in Manchester.

We don't say that, so I asked.

I see you had that pitchfork of your own out, pretty quick, eh?

I agree we are both very quick to draw our pitchforks

With firearms, a tyrannical government can't pound a society into oppression. Granted the government will always have more firepower than the typical american citizen, the people fighting in the name of the government would think twice knowing the free people have firearms.

I wish we all had firearms over here so we could overthrow our tyrannical governments.

Are there actually any Militias in the USA, real ones I mean? There's a difference between a Militia and just letting everyone have guns I would have thought. Also I'd rather have a trained professional army do the "security" and any shooting that needs doing. Seems very outdated to me all of the logic for having guns readily available for the general public pretty much(maybe exaggerating there).

Anyway I think we can leave this conversation here, it's sad what happened, kind of wishing I resisted the curious urge to watch the footage, feels bad like we're participating in turning a tragedy into some form of shock entertainment.
You feel the same way as many Americans do, because the language is, to many, antiquated and not reflective of a modern society. The problem is that many Supreme Court justices, most especially Scalia, read the Comstitution as they do the Bible...literally and without modernization. Scalia is known for investigating EXACTLY what words meant in the late 18th century, and how they should be construed today.

Where you and I might see a "living document," many Americans see a "set in time" document that says everything it needs for America to be a free country, and any changes to the freedoms espoused are merely big government interference. These people call themselves libertarians, yet come across to many as arch conservatives, because when comparing modern society with the 1780s, they really are ultra conservative....even though many of the politicians of the day were liberal in the extreme when it came to their own lives!!

I suppose though if you have a hard core of the population that will fight to keep their weapons especially with such a large population it would be carnage, whether that figure is 1% or 5% is doesn't bare thinking about
Indeed.

He filmed the video and stuck it online. Also Tweeted it out. Said he shot her because she made racist comments and still got a job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.