Two more retail companies look doomed

I think as a society we've had our brains melted by convenience and marketing, it's why if you need bread you'll now drive to the supermarket and not a bakery which sells the good stuff. There isn't even a big price difference, we're just hardwired now to go to Mcdonalds if we fancy a burger even though there's a million better options.

It's mad actually how good quality stuff isn't a business winner. Any burger place using fresh ingredients will beat Mcdonalds but how much profit does Mcdonalds make a year, I've seen a ton of really good burger places fail and go bust. We're addicted it seems to shite.

And people also wonder why most of the population is obese? It's a bigger problem than alcohol for me because you can choose not to drink but you can't choose not to eat and making good choices with food is really difficult nowadays.

There was a woman on the radio a few weeks ago who was a nutritional psychiatrist. She was explain all the research over the last ten years showing the impact of diet on things like depression and anxiety, the results seemed remarkable and they weren't using fancy food either it was stuff like frozen veg from Iceland. Yet I don't think I've seen any real public health push or policies to take advantage of this.

There was a woman on the radio a few weeks ago who was a nutritional psychiatrist. She was explain all the research over the last ten years showing the impact of diet on things like depression and anxiety, the results seemed remarkable and they weren't using fancy food either it was stuff like frozen veg from Iceland. Yet I don't think I've seen any real public health push or policies to take advantage of this.

Veg frozen at source actually has more nutrients in it than fresh apparently. I only found that out recently.

Dominos charge crazy prices as well. Fuck knows why lazy greedy cunts spend as much as they do on pizzas.

Pizza was the food stuff of peasants back when they were invented in Italy back in the day, cheap grub. Its basically cheese on toast.

How it got to being viewed as fancy and so pricey is mental. I think anyway

Domino's prices are ridiculous. I think they even charge for delivery now too which used to be free if you spent a certain amount. They were very clever because the cheapest meal deal was a penny or something under the criteria required to have it delivered. If you added something else it stung you another couple of quid extra at least.

Dominos charge crazy prices as well. Fuck knows why lazy greedy cunts spend as much as they do on pizzas.

Pizza was the food stuff of peasants back when they were invented in Italy back in the day, cheap grub. Its basically cheese on toast.

How it got to being viewed as fancy and so pricey is mental. I think anyway

Dominoes are actually cheaper than the competitors. Granted still pricey but way cheaper than Pizzahut / pappa johns etc.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.