Two more retail companies look doomed

I've been saying for a while they need to convert the old Debenhams end into an artisan/market type place like there used to be ( it wasn't artisan originally mind you ). Give out cheap space that is not being used, any businesses from the markets that do well then allowed to rent empty space at a discount and slowly increase the rent ( at an agreed level ) until the TC is getting similar revenue to where they used to be.

Brings life back to the centre while boosting small businesses. Win win.

John lewis do it to an extent at Christmas, they have some small market stalls in there selling stuff.

For reference. the Trafford centre is actually larger than a lot of American malls. it would sit in the top 10 size wise over there. and I dont think that includes what was Barton Square.
The old Debenhams will be a Marks & Spencer ‘flagship’ store. The deal has been done. Planed opening around November apparently.

I'm not sure even if you bought all the Adidas trainers and bucket hats in stock that you could save it.
As I’ve said, I’ve not been in two decades and never even thought about it when I was back up in Manchester.

Always found it a bit OTT for a shopping centre. Westfields in Stratford, East London was nowhere near as grand yet always busy. Transport links were exceptional.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.