Two people (34 y/o woman, 11 y/o girl) stabbed in Leicester Square

Well it shows he’s not learned his fucking lesson.
He's never had to suffer the consequences of his words so where is he going to learn his lesson.
He gives not two hoots about what happens to this country or it's people.
He lied about Brexit, got what he wanted.
Lied about immigration, again got what he wanted.
The guy is a smarmy shit stirrer par excellence. He will continue to divide this country with his rhetoric without any consequence to himself. The only lesson he has learned is that if he carries on with his racist rhetoric there is a class of people out there that will turn his words into their actions.
Expect more of the same.

He's never had to suffer the consequences of his words so where is he going to learn his lesson.
He gives not two hoots about what happens to this country or it's people.
He lied about Brexit, got what he wanted.
Lied about immigration, again got what he wanted.
The guy is a smarmy shit stirrer par excellence. He will continue to divide this country with his rhetoric without any consequence to himself. The only lesson he has learned is that if he carries on with his racist rhetoric there is a class of people out there that will turn his words into their actions.
Expect more of the same.
Are you suggesting a milkshake on the head isn't consequences?

Whilst I agree there is lack of support for mental health I think it is the new bad back in certain cases and difficult to prove either way therefore can be easily used to try and excuse horrendous behaviour . Whilst I feel sorry for Graham Thorpe and his family and friends my heart also goes out to the train driver who should never be put in situations like that

The NHS piss a mammoth amount of money up the wall, but the Mental Health side of it beats it hands down.

I only see a fraction of the wastage and that's scary enough!

That dead witch maggie closing down the care units and every PM since being pithily unarsed about it
It's strange, isn't it? In the 80's (I believe I was young then) the mental health units, "asylums", etc were closed and people believed they were doing those with mental health issues a favour. They were getting to live in society like "normal" people.

For some, that is a wonderful thing. Others need somewhere like those places. They desperately need them. Some of their families desperately need them. My neighbours across the road are a nice family. The parents are older, probably late seventies now. They have a daughter who lives with them. She's in her mid forties.

When we moved in about 14 years ago, I assumed the daughter was just shy and kept to herself. We learned during covid that she is schizophrenic and was on medication. The woman worked and went about every day life like everyone else before covid. At some point during the covid time a doctor of her's told her she could stop taking her medicine "because she didn't need it anymore." We have a friend who's a nurse that works with psychiatric patients and she said that is 100% the opposite thing a doctor should have done.

The woman had her parents at wits end. She would break all the light fixtures and mirrors in the home because she was being spied upon through them. She'd take her car or the parents' car out at and go who knows where. The police would be around every week or so to take her in because she'd threaten to kill her parents. She'd be away for a few days on a psychiatric hold. Her mum and dad could get some sleep. But she'd return a few days later.

Her mum said the courts would not force her back on to her medication because she is an adult and can decide if she wants to take it. I was very worried about her parents that they would die from exhaustion or worry or God forbid their daughter would do something to them thinking they were against her.

Luckily, at some point in the last 18 months she's started back on her medication again. She's working, and seems to be the nice, shy woman i knew previously.

It's strange, isn't it? In the 80's (I believe I was young then) the mental health units, "asylums", etc were closed and people believed they were doing those with mental health issues a favour. They were getting to live in society like "normal" people.

For some, that is a wonderful thing. Others need somewhere like those places. They desperately need them. Some of their families desperately need them. My neighbours across the road are a nice family. The parents are older, probably late seventies now. They have a daughter who lives with them. She's in her mid forties.

When we moved in about 14 years ago, I assumed the daughter was just shy and kept to herself. We learned during covid that she is schizophrenic and was on medication. The woman worked and went about every day life like everyone else before covid. At some point during the covid time a doctor of her's told her she could stop taking her medicine "because she didn't need it anymore." We have a friend who's a nurse that works with psychiatric patients and she said that is 100% the opposite thing a doctor should have done.

The woman had her parents at wits end. She would break all the light fixtures and mirrors in the home because she was being spied upon through them. She'd take her car or the parents' car out at and go who knows where. The police would be around every week or so to take her in because she'd threaten to kill her parents. She'd be away for a few days on a psychiatric hold. Her mum and dad could get some sleep. But she'd return a few days later.

Her mum said the courts would not force her back on to her medication because she is an adult and can decide if she wants to take it. I was very worried about her parents that they would die from exhaustion or worry or God forbid their daughter would do something to them thinking they were against her.

Luckily, at some point in the last 18 months she's started back on her medication again. She's working, and seems to be the nice, shy woman i knew previously.
Horrendous to hear that a medical professional decided to just stop her meds like that.
Not quite the same but my late sister was sectioned, for the first time in about 2001. She was kept in hospital for about 6 months and she was then released. They knew she needed her anti psychotic meds for the rest of her life and decided to visit her at home and administer injections.
Many schizophrenics don't like the meds and my sister hated the way they made her feel, but she didn't understand the alternatives and that they were absolutely necessary to prevent disaster. So when the visit was due she would bugger off to a friend's and "party."
It was a nightmare because we didn't know where she had gone and she was soon readmitted and stayed there for the rest of her life.
Some people are just too ill to take any chances with their health and well-being.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.