Two people (34 y/o woman, 11 y/o girl) stabbed in Leicester Square

I'm not just looking for deterence. I'm just as much looking for retribution.

I was talking about the part of your post that suggested hard labour or other forms of harsher punishment would act as a deterrent.

I think somebody said on one of the other threads a while ago: have you noticed how a lot of victims of these mindless attacks are young women/girls?

I'm not for one minute suggesting that it's OK to attack men/boys but it takes a special kind of coward to attack an 11-year old girl with a knife.

Ariane Grande concert - lots of men caught up in it, but there was likely to be a high percentage of young girls there.
Same for the planned attack at the Taylor Swift concerts in Vienna that was thankfully thwarted.
Obviously the Southport murders and now this.

The three attacks are not related in any way though are they?

He did qualify his praise by adding, “unfortunately he supports a genocidal Islamist regime. “

Impressive that he can tell that from a photo and a first name.

Terrible thing to happen, shame it went straight down that old line of division.

Notwithstanding whatever the cause of this attack turns out to be, when even a regulatory body as useless as the CQC says we've got a "ticking time bomb" with CAMHS then you know we're in trouble. I know there's all sorts of challenges at the moment but I think for everyone's sakes, this has to be prioritised.
There needs to be an increase in spending on public health and social services.
It's no coincidence that we are fragmenting as a society since spending was cut to fund tax cuts which generally benefit the better off.

The three attacks are not related in any way though are they?
Not in terms of a co-ordinated plan, but you can’t help but feel that in the minds of the attackers, there is something common in their thinking.

I don’t know, like I said, somebody mentioned it and it has played on my mind a bit this last week and now this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.