Txiki Begiristain set to leave role at end of season

I presume you hit 60 and are away from home - yep he has seen a bit of success and I suspect if he goes home he can supplement his income with bar work ha ha ha ha - guy has done so well probably minted fancies at 60 going back home and will lad a good job in Spanish football if he even wants to.
That's a point, he could replace Teabag as head of the Spanish FA :)

If this is true, than it is a sad day. One might have a good argument to state Txiki leaving will hurt us more than Pep leaving. But it was always gonna happen at some point.

The best way to continue succes is to get in people that are brilliant at what they should do, and that includes pointing out the right successor. Now that obviously has happened and the 6 months handover is the first sign of cleverness. Also the successor should be the one appointing the new manager.

We are about to enter a new area. Closing one that is unbelievably successful. If we can continue succes that by itself would we an enormous achievement. We could learn from the three red envy media darlings how NOT to continue succes. Rags topping these three.

I will thank Txiki if he actually says goodbye.

I wish I could retire at 60! Just have to say thank you to the man, he has shaped and set-up the club and CFG for future success and has been instrumental to the joy we get from this team. He will be a hard act to follow but I wish him every happiness for the future
He’s not retiring, having a quick rest then on to pastures new.

Omar Berrada anyone?? :)
With this news that was known for a long time inside the club it does not say much for the reputation of Omar.

He must have been aware that the little fella Txiki was leaving, so as a club we clearly did not see him as a good fit to replace and hence were happy for him to leave to the rags.

Sky saying we have already identified Txiki’s successor. Not seen it posted here (only skimmed this thread). Any ideas?

With this news that was known for a long time inside the club it does not say much for the reputation of Omar.

He must have been aware that the little fella Txiki was leaving, so as a club we clearly did not see him as a good fit to replace and hence were happy for him to leave to the rags.
Not necessarily. He took a CEO role that is a higher ranking position on any organizational chart be it a football club or a corporation. Personally, I don’t know why people even care where Omar went. He thought that was the best move for his career. This club has plenty of drawing power. Omar just doesn’t matter to us all that much.

it's clear he is an adopted blue through and through.
12 years means he'll only want what's best for the club.

my logic is that this confirms guardiola is staying on.

if they were both to leave at the same time it would be an enormous upheaval that could potentially have consequences for the future of a club they have built together.

it makes sense that by leaving next year the overall jolt isn't so big.
it gives the new man a year or two with guardiola to seckle in.
a smoother transition.

so many other things point or hint at guardiola staying.
this makes perfect sense to me.

Txiki wasnt above Berrada, Soriano was, completely different roles.

A Chief Operations Officer would never become Director of Football.

Berrada was in charge of making sure we never ran out of chips and making sure the IT department could fix Txiki’s computer if it ever broke down.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.