Txiki Begiristain set to leave role at end of season

With this news that was known for a long time inside the club it does not say much for the reputation of Omar.

He must have been aware that the little fella Txiki was leaving, so as a club we clearly did not see him as a good fit to replace and hence were happy for him to leave to the rags.

He’d be a replacement for a Soriano business type rather than a footballing figurehead.

it's clear he is an adopted blue through and through.
12 years means he'll only want what's best for the club.

my logic is that this confirms guardiola is staying on.

if they were both to leave at the same time it would be an enormous upheaval that could potentially have consequences for the future of a club they have built together.

it makes sense that by leaving next year the overall jolt isn't so big.
it gives the new man a year or two with guardiola to seckle in.
a smoother transition.

so many other things point or hint at guardiola staying.
this makes perfect sense to me.
Dont get the logic. They are both capable of leaving when they want, and if they both decided to leave at the same time who or what is to stop them?

Last edited:
Do t get the logic. They are both capable of leaving when they want, and if they both decided to leave at the same time who or what is to stop them?

Nothing. Other than maybe the sense of wanting to do what might be right for the club as well. Which is what people using this logic are largely banking on. Based probably on their own personalities, and how they see the personalities of Pep and Txiki, over their notable spell here.

With this news that was known for a long time inside the club it does not say much for the reputation of Omar.

He must have been aware that the little fella Txiki was leaving, so as a club we clearly did not see him as a good fit to replace and hence were happy for him to leave to the rags.
Omar is not a DoF he has a business background

That’s what the rags seek in a DoF though, isn’t it? How else did Woodward get the gig?
Woodward was CEO he did the player negotiation never was DoF similar to Omar at City in his COO role but Txiki made the football decisions Ashworth is the first DoF (Sporting Director) they have add

BBC running the story claiming no City fan ever expected this to happen and will be in shock ffs …. Known this was happening for over 12 months fucking wankers

When Manchester City fans displayed a banner at Etihad Stadium on Saturday pleading for their adored manager Pep Guardiola to stay, they probably weren't aware his close friend, ally and director of football Txiki Begiristain would be leaving the club this summer.

Woodward was CEO he did the player negotiation never was DoF similar to Omar at City in his COO role but Txiki made the football decisions Ashworth is the first DoF (Sporting Director) they have add
They play like they have a CEO masquerading as a DoF!

It was Nicky Butt for a while wasn’t it? Then Darren Fletcher?

Do t get the logic. They are both capable of leaving when they want, and if they both decided to leave at the same time who or what is to stop them?

Nothing. Other than maybe the sense of wanting to do what might be right for the club as well. Which is what people using this logic are largely banking on. Based probably on their own personalities, and how they see the personalities of Pep and Txiki, over their notable spell here.

Honestly, that's begs a huge question. When would be the right time for Pep to leave? There is no right time. We'd like him to stay forever. Why? Because we know that we'll never get another coach like him. We'll get someone good, very probably, because the club is well run.
What is really exceptional about Pep — unheard of, in fact — is that in a nearly all cases he has improved the players who've come here. From being good, they've become very good. From being very good, they've become brilliant. And several times, from being ordinary, they've become fair players, at their level.
As much as anyone, I'd be over the moon if Pep renewed. If he doesn't, he goes with my homage, my admiration, and my deepest thanks. (It would be presumptuous to say he goes with my blessing). He's stayed a lot longer with us than with either of his other two clubs. And he's given us more than we could have dreamed of.
I don't think that Txiki's going makes anything a foregone conclusion, by the way. In either direction. But it's a good story for the media to spin it.

BBC running the story claiming no City fan ever expected this to happen and will be in shock ffs …. Known this was happening for over 12 months fucking wankers

When Manchester City fans displayed a banner at Etihad Stadium on Saturday pleading for their adored manager Pep Guardiola to stay, they probably weren't aware his close friend, ally and director of football Txiki Begiristain would be leaving the club this summer.
I didn’t.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.