Txiki Begiristain

C2eJ8QQXAAA9sbV

Our figures for player sales makes for most worrying reading. We literally give players away.

Worrying !! WTF !! Its not your money so why WORRY ? It works out on average of a £32M loss on players in a season.Not too bad seeing some of the shite we`ve had.

It's the clubs money which has been used in an absolutely shambolic manner. Maybe if we'd have actually spent money on players adept at carrying out the managers instructions we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.

It's the clubs money which has been used in an absolutely shambolic manner. Maybe if we'd have actually spent money on players adept at carrying out the managers instructions we wouldn't be in the situation we are now.
I didn`t realise we`d made a loss,so why worry.Sit back and take it all in when we this current Manager has the players he wants.Why harp on about whats happened in the past .. look to the future.You sound like you`ve just come from RAWK.

We are not a selling club,we keep our star players,we sell the dross that no-one will pay much for or we let contracts run down for the ones who have been here a long time.We'll make a profit on joe in the summer

We are not a selling club,we keep our star players,we sell the dross that no-one will pay much for or we let contracts run down for the ones who have been here a long time.We'll make a profit on joe in the summer

Be hard not too really Karen , let's see what's done with Mangala and Bony- as by all accounts the loan clubs think they are shit aswell , pray for China!

Be hard not too really Karen , let's see what's done with Mangala and Bony- as by all accounts the loan clubs think they are shit aswell , pray for China!
China would be nice,maybe mp will be interested,Txiki hasn't covered himself in glory over some transfers for sure
I don't know why people stress over the money side though,football is out of control so i tend to not get wound up about it anymore

You are right, not a selling club but we have bought an awful lot of dross at over inflated prices.

The argument after the takeover was we needed to pay over the odds as we hadn't won anything for years and weren't in europe. However even after becoming champions and regular CL participants we continue to overpay. It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't bought so many poor players.

Both Barry and Milner would still get a game with us.

You are right, not a selling club but we have bought an awful lot of dross at over inflated prices.

The argument after the takeover was we needed to pay over the odds as we hadn't won anything for years and weren't in europe. However even after becoming champions and regular CL participants we continue to overpay. It wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't bought so many poor players.

Both Barry and Milner would still get a game with us.
I don't mind spending a lot on raz,kev and stones,sane and jesus as they are all good and may well be here as long as our older ones have,we have invested for the future,i do think txiki has made a lot of mistakes in his time here but i prefer to look at at both sides rather than concentrate on the bad

Thought I'd look at it from a different point of view, the squad when he came in was:

1. Hart: Doesn't suit Pep amongst other issues. LEFT.
2. Richards: Became a constant crock and wasn't committed enough, career since proves as such. LEFT.
3. Maicon: Was useless here. LEFT.
4. Kompany: Constant crock sadly.
5. Zabaleta: Model pro but his legs have gone.
6. Lescott: Performance fell away since the title win and he has just got increasingly bad, and couldn't play out. LEFT.
7. Milner: Left despite a contract offer, his choice. LEFT.
8. Nasri: Left of his own accord because he prefers lifestyle over commitment. LEFT.
10. Dzeko: When he was committed and played to his potential he was a starter and lead us to another title, Txiki got 3 seasons out of him before it was time to move on. LEFT.
11. Sinclair: Pointless. LEFT.
13. Kolarov: Pep improved him to some degree but still the same old Aleks.
14. Garcia: Left of his own volition, was used regularly enough. LEFT.
16. Aguero: The main man.
17. Rodwell: Pointless. LEFT.
18. Barry: Past his best, plus kicked it in his own goal at Southampton which soured things. Has done well at Everton but that was his level at best back then and especially so now. I know others like him more but he'd had his time imo. LEFT.
21. Silva: Merlin himself.
22. Clichy: Has survived by being unspectacular.
28. Kolo: Past his best and has gone on to greener pastures. LEFT.
29. Wright: Right...LEFT.
30. Panty: Wanted to leave, and was a solid back-up at best. LEFT.
32. Tevez: Had wanted to leave for ages, got his wish at the end of that season. Wonderful player but didn't want to be here enough. LEFT.
33. Nastasic: Had potential but couldn't cut it when given the chance, sadly moved on. LEFT.
42. Toure: Became immense, then became immersed in his own hype and completely insufferable.
45. Balotelli: Was virtually gone by that point. His own fault. LEFT.

So that's 24 first team players, of which 17 have left, and 7 remain properly (Kompany, Kolarov, Clichy, Silva, Aguero, Toure & Zabaleta).

Of those who left it's 3 GKs, 2 RBs, 3 CBs, 0 LBs, 3 CMs, 1 Wide Mid, 1 AM, 4 ST. Many of those left fairly early on in Txiki's spell, and many of them because they were either getting on, or just weren't plain good enough or had a bad attitude.

So yeah, when you're looking back 5 years and can only count 7 players who are still here properly, 1 of whom is a crock and the others have aged badly, then it really does put into perspective just how much work Txiki had on. Yes, he should have done better at times and got some big ones wrong, but that's a monumental task for anyone and the vast majority of the signings had good logic to them. It's also why you can partially understand why areas such as LB have been neglected, because of such a high turnover in other positions.

We're now in a position where we're actually building a spine again, and we're a few players away next summer from having a new core bedded in. There have a few too many "fill a hole" signings but when well-intended buys such as Negredo & Jovetic go wrong for reasons out of your control, you can be backed into a corner.

1 big summer window and I think we'll be pretty much there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.