Txiki Begiristain

Warm up? It was all geared towards Pep. Downhil after this. We don’t break the bank for any superstars. Aguero needs replacing but we won’t spend on a world class replacement. We will do well to win 3 of the next 10 league titles
We were the club of the 2010s but I don’t think we’ll be the club of the 2020s.

With DSilva Fernandinho and Agüero, and Pep, all on their way out soon. Plus, most likely, Sané. Also with Gündoğan Mahrez and de Bruyne all being 30 in the next year... this after just losing Kompany recently too who hasn’t been replaced yet... and doesn’t include anyone else who might leave us!

That’s a huge amount of investment in replacements that we’re going to need to even think about challenging, never mind dominating domestically like we have done.

No matter who we get in, he won’t be as good as Pep. We don’t pay big wages, so we won’t be getting stars to replace stars. So we’re going to have a period of building it up again, which is fine, as long as the expectations of the fans drops a bit.

It does have that feeling of the last proper season of football when it was a real game without VAR, when we were champions, before a season ruined by VAR and then SARS-CoV-2; was the last season of excellence from us for a few years.

Txiki has a huge job on to get the right manager and make the right signings.

Last edited by a moderator:
most of you people are hilarious. see you all in the 2020/21 version of these Threads.

please make sure to kindly save a summary of your posts here, so we can know where you each stood.

We were the club of the 2010s but I don’t think we’ll be the club of the 2020s.

With DSilva Fernandinho and Agüero, and Pep, all on their way out soon. Plus, most likely, Sané. Also with Gündoğan Mahrez and de Bruyne all being 30 in the next year... this after just losing Kompany recently too who hasn’t been replaced yet... and doesn’t include anyone else who might leave us!

That’s a huge amount of investment in replacements that we’re going to need to even think about challenging, never mind dominating domestically like we have done.

No matter who we get in, he won’t be as good as Pep. We don’t pay big wages, so we won’t be getting stars to replace stars. So we’re going to have a period of building it up again, which is fine, as long as the expectations of the fans drops a bit.

It does have that feeling of the last proper season of football when it was a real game without VAR, when we were champions, before a season ruined by VAR and then SARS-CoV-2; was the last season of excellence from us for a few years.

Txiki has a huge job on to get the right manager and make the right signings.

Bang on the money. If we want to compete, we are going to have to pay the going rate. Can’t just be release clause F.C. Totally agree on VAR, surprisingly it is easier to manipulate results with inconsistencies. Peps new no2, 1yr deal. Looks ominous.

Bang on the money. If we want to compete, we are going to have to pay the going rate. Can’t just be release clause F.C. Totally agree on VAR, surprisingly it is easier to manipulate results with inconsistencies. Peps new no2, 1yr deal. Looks ominous.
Means bugger all.

What's with the "We", you do know this is a City forum?

Not allowed an opinion? Squad needs an overhaul, we won’t get better than Pep, and the court case is pending. Only an idiot would think everything bliss.

Hahahahahahahahaha oh diddums, raggedy dippdiip dipip aroo.

So what if we're not the team of the 2020's. I have loved the ride but as long as I get to watch us, and we play great football, giving the kids their hard-earned place, anything else is a bonus. Perhaps it's because I've been a fan since '68.

So what if we're not the team of the 2020's. I have loved the ride but as long as I get to watch us, and we play great football, giving the kids their hard-earned place, anything else is a bonus. Perhaps it's because I've been a fan since '68.
I'm exactly the same, the last 10 years have fulfilled every ambition I could ever have imagined having as a City fan growing up. If the next phase/cycle of the plan is to lower the age of the squad by investing in younger players and bringing kids through the academy, then I'm well up for it. I would happily take a small drop-off in terms of results short term (2-3 years) until those players can really establish themselves, as the long term benefits of proving, or at least trying to prove, the academy concept far outweighs the short term results in my opinion.

I'd love to be at a stage maybe in 10 years time when we only need to buy players to fill gaps in the first team when one of the academy players isn't ready to step up or just to enhance the squad with something we haven't been able to produce (e.g. a player of De Bruyne's standard), who was phenomenal but underrated player due to the Chelsea saga when we bought him but has stepped up another two or three levels since he's been here into what I imagine will be our captain from now on for the next 2-3 year cycle minimum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.