Txiki Begiristain

Do you assume then that the people above Txiki are so blinded by nepotism that they let him run around putting in subpar work?

In all honesty, I don't put it past them. I no longer assume that everything the board does is infallible. The repeated failures highlight something is wrong. From the handling of the Mendy situation to Khaldoon stating we will be aggressive and disrupt while spending the entire summer waiting for Levy to read his messages. I can't just turn a blind eye to it and assume that the board get everything right.

Relieved today's circus is over. I said to my son yesterday that I didn't want Ronaldo - would have upset the equilibrium in the team. So glad we didn't make an offer and have the Ronaldo circus following us round. I'm not convinced Ole wanted another elderly player to partner his existing old fart. What this will do to their young strikers is their problem.

As far as Kane is concerned, Pep would have improved him, but I'm honestly not bothered. Levy wanted twice what Lukaku cost - despite being nowhere near the same standard. Levy has ensured that Kane will be at least 30 before he can play in the Champions League. Kane will be looking back on a career with no trophies with Stones, Walker, Foden and Sterling (and almost certainly Grealish) will be letting him have a look at their medals.

Suits me to see Chelsea as favourites and the circus at United. What a motivation for us !!
Your glass is way too half full for this thread pal. We need root and branch reform otherwise we are doomed.

We waste our time buying players we don’t need, people like Ake and Cancelo - there‘s best part of £100mil on 2 players.

Then when it comes to decent players we need, we fuck about over a few million here and there, and then of course we get bumfucked by clubs who all hate our guts.

Utter shambles, and yes I think Txiki needs to go, we need to bust up the Catalan friendship group.

Let's talk about Ake baby...

I thought he was a good signing last summer. Good to close off a much needed defender early. We didn't know where we stood with Stones at the time as well and would let him go if someone came in for him. IIRC, that was the general view on here as well.

Typical comments:

"Top player, I'd have him in a heartbeat"
"I've always rated him, would be a decent signing"

And when the deal was done:
"Nice to have another defender that's fast as fuck, we've had far too many slowcoaches over the last few years at the back"

I agree with all those posts.
So did you last year because they are your posts from last summer.

But now you say we have wasted our time buying players we don't need :) YCMIU

@Summerbuzz, @oakiecokie and @Manchester la la la la

If, for some unknown reason, you can't put each other on ignore, take your argument to pms please.
If people write bollocks then they should be answerable to their claims.
Not only myseff and those you`ve named but many others who asked him to give details as what he meant by "Woodward runs a tight ship" when we all know that its either wumming or at least giving a good old bloody nose to our club.
I shall end it there but by fuck theres been plenty more shit on this forum over the passed few days and yet where were the Mods then Jim ??

In all honesty, I don't put it past them. I no longer assume that everything the board does is infallible. The repeated failures highlight something is wrong. From the handling of the Mendy situation to Khaldoon stating we will be aggressive and disrupt while spending the entire summer waiting for Levy to read his messages. I can't just turn a blind eye to it and assume that the board get everything right.
And then there’s the European Super League fiasco too. The suits at our club are having a mare of late.

I'm at the point where I'm like, let's just hope Delap is some super secret weapon that Txiki and Pep are planning to actually use. He scores 40 goals and wins up CL and they knew all along.

It just doesn't sit right with me that the senior officials are all friends. I think it's pretty clear we only hired Txiki with a view of getting Pep.
Might not sit right with you pal, but it’s extremely common practice in corporate business to poach people you trust from previous business relationships

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.