Txiki Begiristain

He buys sterling this thread is bumped mans a genius
Buys mendy, bump mans useless
Buys Kev bump genius
Buys mendy bump ffs txiki clown
Buys Dias bump txiki you legend
Misses out on targets bump, clown and useless

And so on and so on, this thread is tediuosly repetative.

His Barca record is about 60/40 successfull transfers, here is probably the same and is more likely the same levels of success that any other club in the league has when recruiting.

To be fair what you’ve mentioned is more to do with the genius of Pep & his back room staff than Txiki.

He of course was instrumental in getting Pep here but as for signing players his approach isn’t ruthless enough to cut it with the big boys.

All those so called ‘dodged bullets’ with Sanchez, Fred or Jorginho is crap as we all know full well if those players were coached by Pep they would reach higher levels but we’ll never really know their potential since Txiki & board didn’t close the deals. He may not personally be closing these deals but ultimately it falls under his responsibility & directorship.

Not suggesting Txiki should go but he should surely look at the success rate of completing signings to targets & assume something must change in either their approach or possibly a change of staff that deal with the negotiations.

Unless it’s a release clause we simply don’t seem to have a good team who close deals.

If Pep requests a striker then it’s your job to go & get a striker, just like its Pep’s job to win games & trophies.

Whilst I wasn’t a fan of the Ronaldo option it was amateur hr to think if you don’t close the deal by the Thursday with all a player who has close United connections the risk analysis by the next day will have a very different landscape to what was presented to you the previous day. As soon as that window was available you just knew we would get guzumped. Of course, if we really weren’t in for him then we should have stated this much earlier on which would have helped us PR wise.

The Kane saga I think all fans saw as predictable as when has Levy ever made negotiation straight forward. Should have walked away weeks ago & bizarre the board put all their eggs in one basket - who does that in business.

Don’t get me started on the handling of the Mendy situation - why oh why would you continue to play him & include him in media promos & content when the club were aware of these incidents beforehand. Txiki & the board should have drawn a line with Mendy knowing full well this would get out. Surely, at the very least you would keep him as a low profile before this built up in the CPS charging him. Absolute PR nightmare.

Txiki needs to have a shakeup on how things are run off the field because you can’t keep on relying on Pep & the back room staff to create magic on the field as other competitors who strengthen will eventually catch up with us.

I agree entirely.

He’s had more than enough chances for me though, he should resign.

Personally, I don't really get the disappointment; would there be none if Kane had signed? If so, get a grip: we didn't really speak about the signing - I recall Pep mentioning that Spurs won't negotiate and that proved to be the case. I didn't hear anyone at the club really speak about Ronaldo - I guess we were used to force United to buy him back.

Social media is whipping up a storm, constantly. I treat it as idle gossip and a bit of fun. If some stuff happens, great but our squad is top drawer and we are the team of the decade; I really don't know what some people want.

Personally, I don't really get the disappointment; would there be none if Kane had signed? If so, get a grip: we didn't really speak about the signing - I recall Pep mentioning that Spurs won't negotiate and that proved to be the case. I didn't hear anyone at the club really speak about Ronaldo - I guess we were used to force United to buy him back.

Social media is whipping up a storm, constantly. I treat it as idle gossip and a bit of fun. If some stuff happens, great but our squad is top drawer and we are the team of the decade; I really don't know what some people want.

Kane we offered bids but as said spurs wouldn't negotiate, to them is was their overinflated fee or nothing, personally I think we did right and chose nothing,.
On the fake ronaldo, we obviously had contact, but again we were adamant we wouldn't pay a fee we didn't believe was value, the rags coming un was desperation from them to stop it happening, quite pathetic and weak imho.

I prefer our stratergy, and yes we've missed out on some top names, but has that really diminished anyones enjoyment of this period.

Can't win them all, just enjoy the ride I say.

If people write bollocks then they should be answerable to their claims.
Not only myseff and those you`ve named but many others who asked him to give details as what he meant by "Woodward runs a tight ship" when we all know that its either wumming or at least giving a good old bloody nose to our club.
I shall end it there but by fuck theres been plenty more shit on this forum over the passed few days and yet where were the Mods then Jim ??
We have done the very best we can oakie, under extremely challenging circumstances. There's been a lot of stuff gone on that you will not become aware of. People have really been taking the piss with what they've been posting, posters who've been on here a long time and should know better. One thread in particular (I won't name it, but I'm sure you can guess) was full of "judge, jury, executioner" types. I've spent a lot of time on here (along with the other mods and Ric), trying to keep this place half decent, so that when outsiders (particularly the media) come on here and browse, they don't think we're all just a bunch of immature children trotting out silly abuse and living down to stereotypes of ignorant football fans. That's time I don't get back, by the way. Yes, we miss stuff. It's impossible to look at everything on a forum of this size. That's what the "report" function is for, to bring to our attention content that people feel needs to be looked at. We try not to mod with an iron fist, only as a last resort. Situations like this, for example. Tit for tat arguments are against the rules of the forum, and I would have been justified if I'd dished out a warning to all 3 of you. But I preferred to ask you to try to refrain from prolonged arguments. Of course, if you feel I've treated you unfairly, you are perfectly within your rights to pm @Ric about this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.