Tyler interviewed about THAT day

The perfect fumble said:
Dirty Harry said:
The perfect fumble said:
The "line" for that day is that Utd accepted the situation with "dignity". The fact that they did nothing of the sort is immaterial.

You've lost me bud ?
The game against QPR is now viewed as great drama, a fabulous end to the Premier League season with Aguero's goal played over and over again, that's the narrative the media has gone with, and why not? It ticks all the boxes. It's the narrative that informs most of the posts here on Bluemoon and again why not, it's glorious, it's fantastic and after all these years it's great.
But, as with the "dignity" line with Utd it's not an accurate description of the totality of the day, it's the prism we choose to see it, fortunately for us that's the way the media sees it too.
United fans on the other hand see it as QPR giving up, once they knew they were safe, for once they are the minority view.
Look how wrong footed the media is now over Balotelli? Desperately scrambling for a new narrative that captures the moment which somehow doesn't show them up too much for all the crap they've spouted before.
It is often said that in life perception trumps reality ever time, that is unless you get hit by a truck, then reality is very real indeed. Aguero's late winner and to a lesser degree Balotelli's two goals against Germany are the sporting equivalent of being hit by a truck, an event which violently throws perception out of sync with a very real reality, quick! Time for a radical change of perception.
For much of last season the media's perception of City was, "bought the league, bottled it, trouble in the camp, mercenaries"...waffle dither and fudge...Up to the Dzeko goal it was "typical City" After the Dzeko goal "game on" then comes Aguero!!! and it's "Worthy Champions, played the best football all season" etc, etc, hit the air waves, kick start the word processor! Bingo! New reality.

Lol I get you now TPF, in all honesty (and I really appreciate the time and effort you've put in to explain it mate) I really wasn't looking at it that deeply, I just thought "what a load of bollocks" when I heard him say it lol

Cheers bud.

Dirty Harry said:
The perfect fumble said:
Dirty Harry said:
You've lost me bud ?
The game against QPR is now viewed as great drama, a fabulous end to the Premier League season with Aguero's goal played over and over again, that's the narrative the media has gone with, and why not? It ticks all the boxes. It's the narrative that informs most of the posts here on Bluemoon and again why not, it's glorious, it's fantastic and after all these years it's great.
But, as with the "dignity" line with Utd it's not an accurate description of the totality of the day, it's the prism we choose to see it, fortunately for us that's the way the media sees it too.
United fans on the other hand see it as QPR giving up, once they knew they were safe, for once they are the minority view.
Look how wrong footed the media is now over Balotelli? Desperately scrambling for a new narrative that captures the moment which somehow doesn't show them up too much for all the crap they've spouted before.
It is often said that in life perception trumps reality ever time, that is unless you get hit by a truck, then reality is very real indeed. Aguero's late winner and to a lesser degree Balotelli's two goals against Germany are the sporting equivalent of being hit by a truck, an event which violently throws perception out of sync with a very real reality, quick! Time for a radical change of perception.
For much of last season the media's perception of City was, "bought the league, bottled it, trouble in the camp, mercenaries"...waffle dither and fudge...Up to the Dzeko goal it was "typical City" After the Dzeko goal "game on" then comes Aguero!!! and it's "Worthy Champions, played the best football all season" etc, etc, hit the air waves, kick start the word processor! Bingo! New reality.

Lol I get you now TPF, in all honesty (and I really appreciate the time and effort you've put in to explain it mate) I really wasn't looking at it that deeply, I just thought "what a load of bollocks" when I heard him say it lol

Cheers bud.

A tad OTT I admit, but it's the reason I believe we have to start next season like a rocket. We need to thump every team we meet for the first two months, and I mean annihilate them, so we write the narrative.

Pigeonho said:
It's Tyler who says stupendous, clear as day! Haha, I think people just want it to not have been him so they can cling to the belief he hates us! Why Tyler would be gutted about us winning the league is a strange one. That moment there gave him that money shot moment of commentary which won't ever die.

Not everything is agenda-driven. I think it's Niall because it sounds more like him, not because I think Tyler is up Fergie's arse or anything.

quiet_riot said:
Pigeonho said:
It's Tyler who says stupendous, clear as day! Haha, I think people just want it to not have been him so they can cling to the belief he hates us! Why Tyler would be gutted about us winning the league is a strange one. That moment there gave him that money shot moment of commentary which won't ever die.

Not everything is agenda-driven. I think it's Niall because it sounds more like him, not because I think Tyler is up Fergie's arse or anything.
I wouldn't bother if i was you QR,he's probaly not even listened to it,just a WUM.

Thanks to all those who responded to my "Stupendous" Tyler/Quinn query. Answers so far equate to 45% Martin and 55% Niall, if my O level maths is to believed. That's sorted then. Only thing most people seem to agree on is that they're defo correct.

I thought even the most insecure likkle cityer would have stopped all these hilarious persecution fantasies after we won the league. Clearly not.

Who's next for the blue moon 'he hates us that ****' militants? Ian cheeseman? Martin fucking Samuel?

Funny.

bluemanc said:
quiet_riot said:
Pigeonho said:

I wouldn't bother if i was you QR,he's probaly not even listened to it,just a WUM.
How is what I said a winding up attempt? Tell me how anything I said is incorrect, and why.

I thought even the most insecure likkle cityer would have stopped all these hilarious persecution fantasies after we won the league. Clearly not.

Who's next for the blue moon 'he hates us that ****' militants? Ian cheeseman? Martin fucking Samuel?

Funny.

Well said!
Just about every commentator/pundit has been "outed" on Blue Moon as biased against City!
I can't stand Lineker,Hansen et al on MOTD because they're boring and crap - Waddle because he can't even pronounce penalty properly - Merson because he's a jerk (and the list goes on) but I don't believe any of them are biased against City - why would they be?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.