"Typical City"

City’s 1970 European Cup Winners’ Cup triumph is the only time an English team in a European final wasn’t aired on English tv because the Leeds v Chelsea FA Cup final replay was shown instead.

Losing a game with the opposition not having a shot on target ?

Not only that, we scored over 100 league goals and still got fucking relegated.
We were the league’s top scorers with 80 goals when we got relegated as Champions in 1938. But it is the only time that’s ever happened (on both counts, relegated as champions and relegated as league’s top scorers).

The following season we were the top scorers in the Second Division with 96 goals and didn’t get promoted. Then we didn’t get chance to get promoted again until 1946-47 because of WW2 (although we did win the 2nd Division title then and broke the 2nd Division attendance record).

In 1957-58 we both scored and conceded over 100 goals (scored 104, conceded 100… we were the league’s top scorers in 5th, champions Wolves scored 103)… only time that’s ever happened in English football.

We were the league’s top scorers with 80 goals when we got relegated as Champions in 1938. But it is the only time that’s ever happened (on both counts, relegated as champions and relegated as league’s top scorers).

The following season we were the top scorers in the Second Division with 96 goals and didn’t get promoted. Then we didn’t get chance to get promoted again until 1946-47 because of WW2 (although we did win the 2nd Division title then and broke the 2nd Division attendance record).

In 1957-58 we both scored and conceded over 100 goals (scored 104, conceded 100… champions Wolves scored 103)… only time that’s ever happened in English football.

You are right, I always get that Stat wrong. I jumble it together with the relegated after Champions season in my head. Makes it more interesting for those who take me at my word I suppose! :D

2006/7 season the last 8 home PL games not a single goal scored by our team.
I still remember the days when we were awful and barely scrapping to survive in the Premier League. I still don't know how we didn't get relegated as we couldn't beat teams like Charlton, Sheffield United, Watford and other weaker teams in the league.

West Ham stayed up with Tevez scoring and Wigan scoring a penalty that relegated Sheffield United.

Now we score for fun. It's weird to look back that we scored 9 goals against Burton Albion and that was 1 more than the entire 2006/07 home games put together.

I suppose it can't be as bad as poor Cheltenham who haven't even scored a goal this season and it's been 9 games.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.