U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Burnley on loan)

Re: U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play", should he?

Not without ability but not as good as he thinks he is.A long way from the first team, not as promising as Mak and Nimley were at the same stage.

if benjani is going theres no way he'll be on the bench tommorow , so maybe nimely mak or guidetti will get on the bench , otherwise we wont have any strikers on the bench , coz i reckon bellers tevez and ade will start.

Good lad this one:

Guidetti.jpg

Pictured: John Guidetti with former Manchester City Coach Sven Goran Eriksson
John Guidetti is the name. In 2004 and 2007, the Swede criss-crossed the dusty trails at Ligi Ndogo grounds.
“Guidetti was very determined. While others played for fun, he seemed to know what he was focusing on. He wasn’t just passing time during the weekends” says his coach then, Ibra Bikalo Musambia.
“Guidetti used to be brought for training by his father who would watch over him and soon after his program they would both drive to Kibera and join other boys in any open fields. Most of these boys were just happy to play alongside a ‘mzungu’” adds Ligi Ndogo chairman Chris Amimo.
“We thought his father, who worked at the Swedish Embassy in those two years, was overworking and being too tough on John by taking him around playing fields” adds Chris. Now we know what it has all come to.
Guidetti, 16, joined Man City reserves this year after being signed by the former manager Sven Goran Erickson. He is now aiming for the main team.
‘We never really knew where he went to after leaving Ligi Ndogo but he paid us a pleasant surprise during the Umbro International Cup held in Manchester early this month’ adds Chris.
‘He was a great inspiration to the U12 team that won the main trophy. He specifically came to give us moral support and it surely worked for the boys’ asserts Chris.

Guidetti2.jpg

from kenyafootball.com. I wonder if he knows McDonald Mariga?

It cracks me up how cocky this kid is. Was funny last eyar when he was slating macheda and saying how shit he is

Bloody hell he's confident isn't he? Earn yourself a quick loan to the Championship where you're guaranteed to get starts and show people what you can do then, son. Wasn't he talking about being called up to Sweden national squad because he was good enough?

Swings and roundabouts an attitude like this, if you've got the skills to back it up, then I'm all for him talking like this, but on the other hand it can be a curse because you think you're already "the man" and don't have to work as hard to fulfill the potential. We'll see how he does next season.

vbr said:
Bloody hell he's confident isn't he? Earn yourself a quick loan to the Championship where you're guaranteed to get starts and show people what you can do then, son. Wasn't he talking about being called up to Sweden national squad because he was good enough?

IIRC he was on about making the world cup!

scored again today. Beat Inter Milan 4-2 in Abu Dhabi.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news/2010/February/Benali-brace-books-final-berth" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Academy-news ... inal-berth</a>

Mancini seems to like bringing fresh young players into the first team, Boyata is an example, and if this lad is good enough then he'll get his chance!

if he really is good then I hope he grows some patience!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.