U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Burnley on loan)

Re: U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Res' hattrick)

Match report:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/roll/ed31/disappointing_night_for_the_reserves_501595/index.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.clarets-mad.co.uk/roll/ed31/ ... ndex.shtml</a>

There was nothing we could do when John Guidetti equalised with a shot from just outside the box. It curled in with Nicky Weaver, playing his first Burnley game, having no chance. He was unfortunate though when the same player scored again, this time getting onto a rebound after the keeper had saved well.

This time Guidetti was given the chance to complete his hat trick. Weaver saved his penalty but he was first to the rebound and made no mistake second time round to complete the scoring.

If he has the skill to back it up he will make it to the top. I like a bit of arrogance in a player.

The child needs to walk it as well as he talks it. So far, the Platt Lane Mafia says 'so f****** what if he leaves'

LongsightM13 said:
The child needs to walk it as well as he talks it. So far, the Platt Lane Mafia says 'so f****** what if he leaves'

Ye okey, the dude is 17... and just scored a hattrick for the reserves. Not even 17 y/o Rooney would be given the chance in the current team.

Outrun said:
LongsightM13 said:

Ye okey, the dude is 17... and just scored a hattrick for the reserves. Not even 17 y/o Rooney would be given the chance in the current team.

It's up to Guidetti to force his way into the managers thinking ..... that's all Rooney did at Everton ....... if you're good enough , you're old enough ...... and this lad ceratinly thinks he's good enough!

Mind you he can't do much more than score a hat-trick for the reserves ..... and surely Mancini picked up on it ... if he didn't then he wants to!

black mamba said:
Outrun said:

It's up to Guidetti to force his way into the managers thinking ..... that's all Rooney did at Everton ....... if you're good enough , you're old enough ...... and this lad ceratinly thinks he's good enough!

Mind you he can't do much more than score a hat-trick for the reserves ..... and surely Mancini picked up on it ... if he didn't then he wants to!

Yeah but the thing is... look at our front line right now. Tevez, Ade, Bellers, RSC... He should be loaned out so he gets some competetive football.

Age is becoming less and less of a factor in football (look at 16-year-old Romelu Lukaku if you don't understand me)...if he's confident and talented enough he should be given a go...but I wouldn't play him over our current forwards...

It was SGE who brought him here right?

Joga Bonito said:
Age is becoming less and less of a factor in football (look at 16-year-old Romelu Lukaku if you don't understand me)...if he's confident and talented enough he should be given a go...but I wouldn't play him over our current forwards...

It was SGE who brought him here right?
just looked him up, he has a bloody good scoring record.
sign him up!

After reading some of his interviews and watching that video he sure is a confident kid. I love that in youngsters though, aslong as he doesn't think he's made it and starts not putting the work in and starts loving the party life (like alot of youngsters) then good luck to him.

Re: U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play", should he?

black mamba said:
Well if he's THAT good , why wasn't he given a run out against Scunthorpe at home in the CC , for instance?

You know why, because if we get knocked out everyone turns around and says "we've spent £200 million (I know we haven't, but this seems to be the figure that gets used) and we can't even beat Scunthorpe" or "why have we spent £200m on a squad and playing our youth team" etc,etc,etc.................

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.