U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Burnley on loan)

Re: U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play", should he?

Interesting thread, I haven't seen Guidetti play a lot but he's been talked about for quite a while in Sweden, well, at least in periods. Nor am I City-fan but I thought I'd give you some background of what I've heard of this guy.

I saw an interview he made with Swedish TV where he explained how hard he works and why he left for City, mainly due to the fact that he'd be able to train full time and play football without being tired after school. He works with his father, who's more or less his personal coach, even when City haven't got any training sessions. I saw that he works on sprinting, did two extra training sessions when they interviewed him despite his team having a day off. So, he seems pretty determined and ready to give it all in order to succeed, however, people in general don't really like players who express their self-confidence publically, like he does in the media. He talks a lot, not everything makes sense, but the most important thing is that he's focused, so if he just continues to work the way he's been doing, then I'm sure he'll succeed and at least become a good asset for the Swedish NT.

The whole "I'll make the World Cup-squad"-talk wasn't really productive, but allright, it's better to have a player who believes in himself, rather than the opposite, even if he isn't that good. Still though, he'll learn to be more humble in the future, not even Zlatan could continue talking all his career.

Btw, I read this comment; "John is a really nice lad with a lot of self belief - something which is encouraged in Sweden" - Since I live in Sweden, I can assure you, coaches and people in general don't encourage self belief this way in Sweden.

more recent pic (he was in the programme as well on Saturday)

guidetti_486977b.jpg

We will see if he gets his chance, but we have many a striker and really would we miss him that much if he went back to Sweden? I believe that there are other youngters that are closer to the first team than him and like I said we have loads of strikers any way. I really wouldn't be too bothered if he went to Sweden!

Hes only just starting training with the reserves!!

If his patience is really as bad as it seems, I wouldn't be surprised if he demands a transfer like Sturridge did when he is on the fringes of getting regular football. Sounds like he could be a tough boy to handle, but if he is as good as people say maybe the staff can get him to shut his mouth and settle a bit. Who is the best out of Ball / Guidetti / Nimley / Mak? We seem to have a lot of good attacking players in the reserves/youth.

Scored a hattrick tonight for the reserves against Burnley, 4-1.

Born 1992-04-15, hasn't turned 18 yet.

Here's a video of him training in Manchester, from City and Sweden matches:
<a class="postlink" href="http://svtplay.se/v/1879487/sportspegeln_moter_john_guidetti" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://svtplay.se/v/1879487/sportspegel ... n_guidetti</a>

Speaks very well about the academy. Speaks about how many young careers are broken because of girls and parties, and that it won't be him.

was just coming here to update this thread.

Seems to score in every game he plays in no matter the level. Hopefully he doesn't think he won't get chances here and go off to another club, seems to have tons of potential, and it's always satisfying seeing a lad make his way through the ranks to the first team.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.