U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Burnley on loan)

Re: U18 John Guidetti: "I need to play" (Upd: Res' hattrick)

Linus Pauling said:
Evening all. Went to Turf Moor last night and thought you would like a few comments about young John.

His first two goals in the first half were total class, you could tell that because the Burnley crowd went silent, perhaps even gobsmacked!

In the second half City attacked on my half of the ground so I had a better view. I could not take my eyes off this lad, he is a joy to watch and you should all get down to watch him play. He is certainly not arrogant or conceited - I judge him to be a lovable extrovert. His hand is always up in the air as he stands tall and tries to attract the ball from defenders and midfielders who are often under pressure and are looking for an outlet - John always makes himself available.

He has very good positional sense, sometimes sitting 5 yards from their rear defensive line and then running like thunder when the ball is released leaving defenders flat footed.

A good team player - he often lays a measured ball off to teammates, so he plays for the lads. I cannot remember Sturridge playing this way.

There was one split second move when he bounced the ball off his chest, over his head and over the close defender at the same time, he turned quickly and if he had not been obstructed by that defender he was clear and away in the penalty box.

He is deadly with a clear view on goal, but I suppose you don't get many 'clear views' in the Premier league.

So, is he ready to play for the big boys team? I may be wrong, but not yet. Those first team players are faster off the mark, more accurate in their passing and stronger. I look forward to future Training Reports to see if John can eventually adapt to the Senior standards, because if he can, we have a winner.

Don't just listen to me, do get down to see him and the excellent team that he plays for.

Hi John!

Hope you get a first team game soon.

Jim Tolmie's Underpants said:
Linus Pauling said:
Evening all. Went to Turf Moor last night and thought you would like a few comments about young John.

His first two goals in the first half were total class, you could tell that because the Burnley crowd went silent, perhaps even gobsmacked!

In the second half City attacked on my half of the ground so I had a better view. I could not take my eyes off this lad, he is a joy to watch and you should all get down to watch him play. He is certainly not arrogant or conceited - I judge him to be a lovable extrovert. His hand is always up in the air as he stands tall and tries to attract the ball from defenders and midfielders who are often under pressure and are looking for an outlet - John always makes himself available.

He has very good positional sense, sometimes sitting 5 yards from their rear defensive line and then running like thunder when the ball is released leaving defenders flat footed.

A good team player - he often lays a measured ball off to teammates, so he plays for the lads. I cannot remember Sturridge playing this way.

There was one split second move when he bounced the ball off his chest, over his head and over the close defender at the same time, he turned quickly and if he had not been obstructed by that defender he was clear and away in the penalty box.

He is deadly with a clear view on goal, but I suppose you don't get many 'clear views' in the Premier league.

So, is he ready to play for the big boys team? I may be wrong, but not yet. Those first team players are faster off the mark, more accurate in their passing and stronger. I look forward to future Training Reports to see if John can eventually adapt to the Senior standards, because if he can, we have a winner.

Don't just listen to me, do get down to see him and the excellent team that he plays for.

Hi John!

Hope you get a first team game soon.

PMSL.

Watching that piece on him from Swedish tv you can tell though he's at least making some sense in his cockyness, saying "If I myself doesn't believe I'm going to be the best in the world, then who will believe it?"

Since he's lived in Africa Swedish media also spoke to him regarding the Togo bus attack where he also said some pretty level-headed stuff, as I posted at the time:
http://www.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=157806&start=0

I met John today and congratulated him on his hat trick.

He was buzzing obviously but very grateful of the praise and he was more interested in telling me about his mate who played centre half last night( who was with him, but I forgot his name), he was saying that this lad is a real future superstar.

Top lad.

barryo said:

He was buzzing obviously but very grateful of the praise and he was more interested in telling me about his mate who played centre half last night( who was with him, but I forgot his name), he was saying that this lad is a real future superstar.

Top lad.
Smith, Chantler, Kay, Wabara, ?

Andouble said:
barryo said:

Top lad.
Smith, Chantler, Kay, Wabara, ?

I don't know but it was his debut too..... If you can work it out from there?

well seems to me that we have the next big thing on our hands here.

lets hope we can nuture him in the right way and he will become class

This ain,t a dig at him,but hope he,s not another arrogant little shat who thought he was/is better than he actually is.
Ring a bell ??
Came on for Chelsea against us and did FA !! Again !!!
One brilliant ball for Robinho at Blackburn and he thought he was the bees knees !!!

oakiecokie said:
This ain,t a dig at him,but hope he,s not another arrogant little shat who thought he was/is better than he actually is.
Ring a bell ??
Came on for Chelsea against us and did FA !! Again !!!
One brilliant ball for Robinho at Blackburn and he thought he was the bees knees !!!

from what i hear i think he seems pretty down to earth

Andouble said:
barryo said:

Top lad.
Smith, Chantler, Kay, Wabara, ?[/quoteIt was Reece Wabara,who was/is going out with Rosie off the Street

The two centre halves at Turf Moor were Ben Mee, who played very well, and ......... Reece Wabara.
Reece was confident and very quick to the ball, he broke no end of attacks up. I'm guessing that he will be John's mate.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.