U18 PL Cup - Final beckons

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Blue Bogey, 15 Feb 2020.

1. Centurions

Centurions

Sweeties, cake, lemonade? What are these treats you speak of?

2. mat

mat

[​IMG]

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

6-0 tonight. Thought at one point in the first half that the team who scored first would lose - another sneaky PL rule, but in the second half it was clearly Footballers v Athletes. We ran riot in a short spell in the second half with the fourth and fifth goals being rather 'gem-like'. And a pen finished it off. Comprehensive battering. These kids are very confident with their fellow team-mates. All possess good on-the-ball technique that can open up even a tight defence. A couple scares with playing out from the back in the first half - our goalie was caught twice but got away with it. I phoned MrsEwing at HT and said he wouldn't get away with a third. Stoke ne'er got near enough in the second half for a third to materialise. A masterful display.

ADVERTISEMENT

4. r.soleofsalford

r.soleofsalford

who are the stand out players in the u18`s squad.

5. MCFCFanTX

MCFCFanTX

Edozie, Palmer and Delap are fantastic prospects, in my opinion. I personally like Wilson-Esbrand a lot too. Powerful fullback that came from West Ham, I believe.

6. Alan Harper's Tash

Alan Harper's Tash

Slicker (GK) looks good too. I thought Palmer didn’t have his best game tonight, but scored twice in the end. He looked like he was trying too hard, especially in the first half.

7. Nelly's Left Foot

Nelly's Left Foot

The first good thing for me tonight was that we didn't bring in under 18's that don't play regularly at this level during the season. I don't know if t=it's a rule of the competition but for the 1/4 final of the FA youth cup last week we played Doyle , Harwood-Bellis , Mc Donald, Rogers , Braaf and the right back ( sorry cant remember his name ) and none of those played tonight.

And the result was we played better imo. Yes the odd scare in the first half playing it around at the back but it was always clear who were the better side. The goal from Delap , which effectivley sealed the win , was just a bit special as he picked the ball up very wide left , ran across and into the box and ended up scoring from the right corner of the 6 yard box. Someone near me said that was a George Best goal. McAtee's 2nd goal was a gem too.

I was undecided on who might get MotM but around me there were votes for Palmer, Hodge , Delap, Burns. Good team performance then and a MotM is irrelevant

WallyA likes this.
  8. skivitheblue9320

skivitheblue9320

Team supported:
    THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND IN ALL THE WORLD
    Charlie Macneill my pals lad cracking player and so down to earth lad.

9. MCFCFanTX

MCFCFanTX

That's true. Maybe his penalty miss from last season's FA youth cup final was lingering in his mind. Wanted to put that memory out with a great performance in this final.

10. Centurions

Centurions

I remember a photo of Charlie Mcneill at St. Bedes and he looked to be about a foot taller than his peers, has he stopped growing yet?