UAP/UFO thread - Claims made that the US has an extraterrestrial object

The nearest star is only 4 light years away.
Radio and tv transmissions travel at the speed of light.
So far from not receiving any transmissions they’ll have watched all City’s success up to 2019.
There are over 10,000 stars within 100 light years never mind 200. They will have been receiving radio signals for 100 years and will shortly start receiving tv signals.
I bet you know all this but 4 light years sounds near but 1 light year is 6, trillion miles, light travels at 186 thousand miles per second so it’s going to take over 4 thousand years for a rocket to arrive and 4 thousand years to come home.

The maths are insane because any civilisation may have died out long before we get there, we have to come up with new laws of Physics before we can travel anywhere.
That’s what professors of Quantum Physics work on and why they don’t rule out Aliens travelling the universe if they are millions of years in advance of us.

Radio / TV signals they have to point at the right star and people need to be listening

It is very surprising that such statements are made by a professor of such stature at Stanford University.

Last edited:
I bet you know all this but 4 light years sounds near but 1 light year is 6, trillion miles, light travels at 186 thousand miles per second so it’s going to take over 4 thousand years for a rocket to arrive and 4 thousand years to come home.

The maths are insane because any civilisation may have died out long before we get there, we have to come up with new laws of Physics before we can travel anywhere.
That’s what professors of Quantum Physics work on and why they don’t rule out Aliens travelling the universe if they are millions of years in advance of us.

Radio / TV signals they have to point at the right star and people need to be listening
I do. I was correcting the poster who said erroneously that no terrestrial signals will have got anywhere near a star yet.
Radio and TV signals go out in all directions from earth, they don't need to point anywhere.

However I believe life is so unlikely to occur that we may well be the only intelligent species in our galaxy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.