UAP/UFO thread - Claims made that the US has an extraterrestrial object

I like to think he's somewhere in the American Midwest, harassing bewildered cattle and trampling crops with a bunch of UFO detection tools in a rucksack on his back.
alien-man-abc-er-180213_4x3t_992.jpg

Either that or he's got his own show on the history channel.
The mountains in the background are far too big to be in the Midwest. As for the rest of the statement, I can't confirm.

I agree on the 4chan guy - as mentioned I don’t find him credible, I kind of like these thought experiments though. If we did have contact with ETs what might that look like with all its social and geopolitical consequences?

One thing to say though is that the Big Bang is not mutually exclusive with the Many Worlds interpretation - or the multiverse as it’s come to be known. The Big Bang has a vast array of directly observable evidence including the cosmic background radiation and it’s application to Hubble’s Law.

The Many Worlds interpretation is an interpretation of quantum mechanical phenomena, these are just ideas about how we should interpret what we see happening in quantum mechanics which is very weird and not at all intuitive.There’s a lot of different interpretations of quantum mechanics and no good evidence on which interpretation is correct because it almost gets into the realm of metaphysics, it’s very hard to know how to prove.

If you’re interested in some of the interpretations that allow wiggle room for paranormal phenomena then I’d take a look at Quantum Bayesianism (QBism). It’s a bit funky but I quite like it. It sounds a little solipsistic to me but it technically isn’t solipsism.

My point though is that the Big Bang is simply a description of the origin of our own observable universe which is very well evidentially supported. It does not at all mean that there aren’t other universes, though there would be no known way to prove it one way or the other.
A good post. thanks I will take a look at that (QB). I’m fascinated with sub atomic physics and it’s a career path I was going to take before I met my wife (then girlfriend)…and unfortunately studied molecular biology instead.

I'm hoping that when they receive those early tv signals they'll remember to tape all the missing Doctor Who episodes as that would fill the gaps in my collection!

On a more serious note it seems more probable than not that the universe is teeming with life. The search for extra solar planets identifies more and more, including life friendly ones. Hydrogen appears to be the most common element in the universe, no reason why oxygen isn't as available, therefore the is likely to be water in some form out there.

Carbon would also be common according to mass spectrometry and if you put those three elements together, under the right conditions, proteins form, that can lead to amino acids.....

So there is likely to be life out there, but is it like us, or primitive, like bacteria or Martin Keown!?! Other star systems may have formed much earlier than our Solar System, perhaps lifeforms evolved formed civilizations, created technology. If so it could be at least thousands of years in advance of ours.

Space is very big, the distance and time to travel to our nearest star systems would be hundreds of years. However for a hi tec civilization with technology far in advance of ours, coming to Earth, might be much easier. Hopefully they'll be benevolent like ET, rather than say Independence Day.

However human history teaches us that whenever one technologically superior civilization encounters a less advanced one, there is usually not a good outcome for the indigenous people........

There are other places in the Solar System to explore, hopefully we can become an interstellar species, and expand our habitats.
A really good post, much better put and more eloquent than mine. Agree with everything you’ve said.

So there is likely to be life out there, but is it like us, or primitive, like bacteria or Martin Keown!?! Other star systems may have formed much earlier than our Solar System, perhaps lifeforms evolved formed civilizations, created technology. If so it could be at least thousands of years in advance of ours.

Our own history, atleast in relation to our planet's age, is kinda rather random i'd say. Humans come rather late, and are rather something that might have not evolved to become anything had it not been for so many random (especially extinction) events that hit during our planet's lifespan. Earth is 4.5 billion years old, life depending how you look at it something like 2 billion or half a billion years old, whereas homonids first start to appear about 6 million year ago and modern homo sapiens about 160.000 years ago, and our writen history is a few thousand years old. Were it not for several large extinction events that at sseveral times killed of like 97% of all species or more we'd likely not be here, but likely neither had those extinction events not happened exactly WHEN they happened in relation to the evolution of species and biodiversity at the time. Granted it doesn't exclude that earth could have been inhabited by now by lets say (for making it easy in popular culture terms) evolved raptors. But to think, even with what we have with technoligy soon enough we might spread self replicating probes all over our galaxy in a matter of 50.000 years .... thats utterly peanuts. But otoh, it would apparently be neither something special for some species to have started millions if not billions before us, neither that other inhabitable planets would have to wait a few billion years longer for a species to get a chance to evolve itself even to our (material and technological) level, or that perhaps from inventing the wheel to inventing the internet it takes one species 10.000 years, another a million and yet another a 100 years... And all this is out there in some many countless of permutations and yet also likely very subject to all such random things as we experienced in our and our earths history.

it kinda breaks down to step one become a species, step 2 become an intelligent species, step 3 become a materialisticly and technologicly driven species, step 4 as often discussed do all that withought launching yourself back to step 2 ... or 1.5 maybe ..., step 5 start spreading trough space .... step 6 survive long enough that there is something left of you that hasn't worn down trough millions of years, and we just don't know how likely that is in terms of a permutation so with the age aspect it mind it can yet again mean that there are potentially hundreds of extraterrestial species that visited our earth and have something to show for it or none.

Last edited:
One thing that i seemed to have picked up especially in relation to Nolan, his story and "unindentified flying objects" is that something is stirring in the US regarding this, and it seems mostly so for potential concerns of "new plausibly deniable forms of warfare". You starting to have something like the "Havanna syndrom" that specificly hits govermental personell of various western embassy's and also people connected to the airforce and aerospace engineers and apparently in some cases related to UAP's ... yeah maybe they are kinda serious with their establishment of AARO if they notched it up a few levels in terms of perceived threat to national security.

Heck, even if you consider some of the more modern and nifty directed energy weaponry ... lasers sure, but also long range sonic weaponry and microwave weaponry ... yeah maybe it wouldn't be too surprising if one of USA's rivals managed a breatrough device that isn't undersood in the west in how it works. The way Nolan interprets it as how people got sick from studying and trying to reverse engineer technoligy found in aquired UAP's ... no way to make the distinction between alien and a human adversary that has aquired a special technoligy we don't understand.

And, especially when it comes to something like directed energy weapons, one thing i wondered is if someone ever thought about a flying nuclear reactor as a power source for such thing, as really potentcy of such weaponry is quite up to the powersource and a flying nuclear reactor is perhaps not even so farfetched as an invention.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.