UAP/UFO thread - Non-Human Intelligences

Imagine if it’s all true, religion hopefully would die within the hour, now they really are the nut jobs in the world
Do you know, it's been said since i was a kid that if they found other life then religion would die but I don't think it would. They'd just adapt their bullshit. You'd have thought that things like the proving of evolution would have done it but it didn't. think about all those doomsday religions too, when the end of the world comes but the world doesn't end, they just decide that God had mercy or changed his mind or whatever.

People will believe ANYTHING to ensure they don't face up to the fact that they got something fundamental wrong. Acknowledging that requires a further acknowledgement that most people won't make.

Do you know, it's been said since i was a kid that if they found other life then religion would die but I don't think it would. They'd just adapt their bullshit. You'd have thought that things like the proving of evolution would have done it but it didn't. think about all those doomsday religions too, when the end of the world comes but the world doesn't end, they just decide that God had mercy or changed his mind or whatever.

People will believe ANYTHING to ensure they don't face up to the fact that they got something fundamental wrong. Acknowledging that requires a further acknowledgement that most people won't make.
It wouldn’t end religion but it would be a waypoint in the decreasing number of people who follow one, in the same way less people follow a religion now than they did before the evolution was proven.

500 years ago pretty much everyone would have been religious, mainly because they didn’t have the freedom or access to information that may have changed their belief (or lack of it).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.