UEFA Ask City Football Group to Divest its ownership of Girona

Hate to interrupt yet another conspiracy theory but yes, Salzburg and Leipzig did have to do this, a Swiss judge went through both companies and made them seperate all shared assets and people who worked for the group/both clubs in scouting or business roles were made to just work for 1.

Because they did that, they didn't fail article 5.

IMO the biggest potential problem for CFG is sponsorship. The RB clubs had to split their sponsorships in a way that satisfied UEFA's CFCB. Shared sponsors is kind of core to the whole CFG project.
I honestly thought Salzburg and Austria were both in France - everyday a school day etc. thankyou once again for educating us.

I honestly thought Salzburg and Austria were both in France - everyday a school day etc. thankyou once again for educating us.

No, you just "honestly" thought it was because Red Bull wouldln't "upset the apple cart"...

You'd literally rather believe a nonsense conspiracy so you can feel hard done by than get told the truth.

No, you just "honestly" thought it was because Red Bull wouldln't "upset the apple cart"...

You'd literally rather believe a nonsense conspiracy so you can feel hard done by than get told the truth.
I'm afraid that if you dip your toe in the vast ocean of the internet you risk swimming in the ocean of stupidity mate. Not all of us can aspire to your lofty levels - sorry for your internet suffering/burden.

The downside is we cannot loan them any players.
Savio who we are supposed to have signed will have to come to us or be loaned out.
Yan Couto who the Rags are showing an interest in who we might have left there for another season will have to either come to us or loaned out.
Eric Garcia will go back to Barca so the squad will be decimated and we cannot loan them anyone.
Can't we just sell them players with a buy back

Hate to interrupt yet another conspiracy theory but yes, Salzburg and Leipzig did have to do this, a Swiss judge went through both companies and made them seperate all shared assets and people who worked for the group/both clubs in scouting or business roles were made to just work for 1.

Because they did that, they didn't fail article 5.

IMO the biggest potential problem for CFG is sponsorship. The RB clubs had to split their sponsorships in a way that satisfied UEFA's CFCB. Shared sponsors is kind of core to the whole CFG project.
They (Girona) don't have a relationship with Etihad, and the only two companies that sponsor both Girona and the CFG are Nissan and Puma. Whereas with most of the CFG clubs there is already a lot more shared commercial relationships, I'm sure the Nissan and Puma deals can be separately negotiated without too much hassle, if they are not already separate from the main CFG-wide deals.

Probably could sell Couto. Doubt we’d be allowed to sell them Savio after buying him from Troyes. My guess is we will want to keep Savio anyway.
No rule against doing so if all parties agree, as he won't have made appearances for three clubs in one season.

Even if he had, the transfer would be allowed but he would be unable to register until that was no longer the case (i.e. to the end of the season), but he has no worry about that as we're not gonna throw him in at all here for now, especially if that's the intention.

Remember, Martin De Michelis transferred from Malaga to Atleti, then from Atleti to City, in the same window. There are also a large number of Real Madrid players who did similar, as the club had a habit or pattern of doing this for profit at one point. All perfectly above board.

Yep. Don't agree with this CFG multi-club ownership thing at all. If we want to start our own teams like New York City for instance, that has its problems but is mostly fine. But moving in and buying up clubs with long histories feels wrong to me. And for every success story like Girona there's a story like Troyes AC, where they've been relegated twice in two seasons and you've got fans ironically singing "Merci City!" as they go down. The pros don't outweigh the cons imo.
For every Troyes, there are five clubs in CFG enjoying quite a bit of success since joining the group (or coming in to existence, full stop).

I understand some blues discomfort with the scheme, but it is not bad for the majority of the clubs in CFG. In fact, really on Troyes has had real sporting issues, which is likely an indication that it is not just down to CFG.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.