UEFA Ask City Football Group to Divest its ownership of Girona

For every Troyes, there are five clubs in CFG enjoying quite a bit of success since joining the group (or coming in to existence, full stop).

I understand some blues discomfort with the scheme, but it is not bad for the majority of the clubs in CFG. In fact, really on Troyes has had real sporting issues, which is likely an indication that it is not just down to CFG.
I can understand the fans not being happy (who would be getting relegated) but to blame it on the CFG if you're not a Troyes fan is idiocy.

Latest on Girona situation is even if they get knocked out of CL in early stage we cannot loan them any players for the next three windows. They are at the moment in talks with UEFA about making an exception for Savio and Yan Couto should we choose to extend their loans as they were already at the Club. But cannot see UEFA doing them any favours as they hate us.

For every Troyes, there are five clubs in CFG enjoying quite a bit of success since joining the group (or coming in to existence, full stop).

I understand some blues discomfort with the scheme, but it is not bad for the majority of the clubs in CFG. In fact, really on Troyes has had real sporting issues, which is likely an indication that it is not just down to CFG.

I think for a lot of fans whether success is a consequence or not is not necessarily the primary reason for being supportive of a CFG type model.

If you asked me as a fan back in 1998 would I rather be in the position we were in then or part of a wider football group I would have plumped for the former, winning or failing as an individual club, supporting a club with its individual autonomy and not being swallowed up by a larger club. That is before even looking at the wider implications for football as a whole.

It will be a sad day if football ends up with 10/20 super clubs and a percentage of other clubs serving as satellite clubs used as a place to park potential players, reduce there squad size to suit.

I think for a lot of fans whether success is a consequence or not is not necessarily the primary reason for being supportive of a CFG type model.

If you asked me as a fan back in 1998 would I rather be in the position we were in then or part of a wider football group I would have plumped for the former, winning or failing as an individual club, supporting a club with its individual autonomy and not being swallowed up by a larger club. That is before even looking at the wider implications for football as a whole.

It will be a sad day if football ends up with 10/20 super clubs and a percentage of other clubs serving as satellite clubs used as a place to park potential players, reduce there squad size to suit.
I can understand that position.

But CFG isn’t Manchester City, or vice versa. And whilst there is definitely some “synergies”, as the corporate heads are fond of saying (I always rolled my eyes when they said that in meetings at companies I consulted with, to be fair), there is still quite a lot of independence, as well.

Troyes are particularly miffed about their ownership by CFG having been relegated twice to Division 3.
They must be the most unlucky club then, I thought all of the others have been winning things bar the yanks who also hate us lol

It's going to end up being the next F1 . "We don't want any new boys in our competition, it might cause an upset"

They already segregate clubs from the same country in the group so for me, segregate us and Girona in the group as well. If we get them in the knockouts, both clubs will want to win so it wouldn't compromise the integrity of the competition.
Uefa can claim competition integrity when they don't understand the meaning of the word?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.