UEFA Champions League changes

You think the ESL, if it ever happened, which it wont, wouldn't just be looking at the same thing? It's all about the money. Naive to think otherwise.
The ESL is already here.

It's called the EPL.

Biggest TV audience for a football league in the world.

You think the ESL, if it ever happened, which it wont, wouldn't just be looking at the same thing? It's all about the money. Naive to think otherwise.
The ESL would go further I think. Their end game would probably be all of the knockout stage games being spread out worldwide.

Great post. I must say though that the thought of a CL Final in somewhere like New York or Las Vegas would be some fucking trip! The downside though is that most fans will be priced out and for that reason alone it should never be on the agenda.
The 2019 Europa League final was in Baku, which is only about 5-600 miles further than Boston or New York. Both of them would be far easier to get to. What happens when Uefa decide that it's Astana's turn to host a European final, that is pretty the same distance as the East Coast of America.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally against finals being anywhere other than in Europe, as it's a European competition. But some places we go to now are a bloody nightmare to get to and cost a fortune.

The 2019 Europa League final was in Baku, which is only about 5-600 miles further than Boston or New York. Both of them would be far easier to get to. What happens when Uefa decide that it's Astana's turn to host a European final, that is pretty the same distance as the East Coast of America.

Don't get me wrong, I am totally against finals being anywhere other than in Europe, as it's a European competition. But some places we go to now are a bloody nightmare to get to and cost a fortune.
Whereas New York or Miami or wherever would be dirt cheap?

This is where the Club World Cup or whatever it's called could come in.

It's seen as a bit of a joke over here. But there must be a way to make it better. Maybe hold it every 4 years and include the previous 4 winners of each champions league from each region. Play it in the off season for the important leagues.

Might just make it better.

Champions league is fine as it is...
My thoughts too. Leave the Champions League alone (or even slim it down).

I'd love a summer club world cup tournament every 4 years. I'd have it based on the best team in each country over the previous 4 years - weighted for the most recent achievements. (So it'd not be just the last winners - which wouldn't be fair if only held every 4 years). Maybe 4 groups of 4 teams. Top 2 of each go to knockout. So for the winner 6 games. A month off work once every 4 years to follow City in the sun. What's not to love. (Well except the player careers imploding due to exhaustion but fuck them)

My thoughts too. Leave the Champions League alone (or even slim it down).

I'd love a summer club world cup tournament every 4 years. I'd have it based on the best team in each country over the previous 4 years - weighted for the most recent achievements. (So it'd not be just the last winners - which wouldn't be fair if only held every 4 years). Maybe 4 groups of 4 teams. Top 2 of each go to knockout. So for the winner 6 games. A month off work once every 4 years to follow City in the sun. What's not to love. (Well except the player careers imploding due to exhaustion but fuck them)
Me too.

are-you.gif

That was yesterday's idea, now they're talking about buying the Stade de France and hosting every final there.

That was yesterday's idea, now they're talking about buying the Stade de France and hosting every final there.

That'll piss the scousers off.
Hope they do it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.