UEFA Champions League changes

I thought his comments about a salary cap were more interesting and worthy of discussion.
The good thing about a salary cap is that it would encourage FSG and the Glazers to stay.
If they want to "level the playing field" then all revenue from each club in the top flight should be pooled (TV, gate receipts, corporate, advertising, official Noodle partner for South East Asia, pre season tours to Singapore, European money the lot), then divide 60% equally between the 20 member clubs, 20% to by divided between the Championship clubs, 10% to league one clubs, and split the rest through the pyramid.
Can't honestly see the red twins or their southern cousin agreeing to this though
My thoughts too. Leave the Champions League alone (or even slim it down).

I'd love a summer club world cup tournament every 4 years. I'd have it based on the best team in each country over the previous 4 years - weighted for the most recent achievements. (So it'd not be just the last winners - which wouldn't be fair if only held every 4 years). Maybe 4 groups of 4 teams. Top 2 of each go to knockout. So for the winner 6 games. A month off work once every 4 years to follow City in the sun. What's not to love. (Well except the player careers imploding due to exhaustion but fuck them)
How would Shamrock Rovers or Dundalk fit that into their schedule as the League of Ireland runs throughout the summer?

Would a structure of the qualifying national champions + the current CL holders + the previous years champions be a more meaningful European ‘CHAMPIONS’ Cup ?

One off invitations to next highest placed clubs where there are ‘overlaps’.

Fewer meaningless qualifying games,Reduce quantity, improve quality

well I agree with the idea! the cl final should be played in new york the same year the super bowl is played at wembley/paris/barca etc.
Years ago when the WWF was still the WWF, Summerslam was held at Wembley and some NFL games are in the UK.

Pounds make prizes....I can see it happening.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.