UEFA Champions League Gameweek 5 | November 28th/29th

He'll be world-class? He's the definition of world-class already. Not gonna say he's THE best player in the world, that can be argued all day, but along with Mbappe and Haaland he's the future of football in the same way Messi, Ronaldo and Greizmann have been for so long.

What he's doing for someone that's not even 21 until the middle of next year for a club the size of Real Madrid and their stature is ridiculous.

He's certainly hit the ground running. He's a generational talent but I'll hold off on world class until he's done it for a few years at the top level. Pogba was potentially world class but I certainly wouldn't class him as that as he only showed it in flashes and his reputation was enhanced by being in an exceptional French side.

I didn’t watch any of the games tonight but I caught about 5 minutes of the Arsenal post match. It was absolutely nauseating. The arse kissing of Arsenal by the panel and in particular the love-in with Saka made me feel quite sick. “Oh Bukayo, it’s so good of you to join us” and “you are such a fantastic player and a wonderful person“ (or words to that effect). FFS, pass the sick bag !

Last edited:
He's certainly hit the ground running. He's a generational talent but I'll hold off on world class until he's done it for a few years at the top level. Pogba was potentially world class but I certainly wouldn't class him as that as he only showed it in flashes and his reputation was enhanced by being in an exceptional French side.

It's a fair point.

It's mad that England, for those that care about our national team, have a spine that includes Stones, Rice, Bellingham and Kane. That has to be one of the strongest in football. But still have Southgate sucking the life out of so much talent and ability.

Do the commentators do no research pre match whatsoever? Banging on about that penalty shout being correctly overturned, saying it was the same as PSG's, when the person in charge of VAR last night has been removed from post for the forseeable!
He was removed for not asking the referee to consider a penalty against Antony Gordon's foul in the box, not for the handball penalty.

Good point for Copenhagen, let’s hope Gala Cooenhagen match doesn’t end in a draw and or rags are pumped by Munich
Hopefully they have no reason to draw as both teams can reach the knockout stages and they will go all out for a win, which neither of them expected with the mighty rags and German rags in the group
Sorry, predictive text. Shitey rags :-)

Centurions- we’ll never see a better team or the football they played.

Entertaining fighter was Tapia

Anyway, I think it depends on how you look at it. The Centurions might have a certain quality but the team we had last season might be more savvy in getting through tournaments and that's a quality in itself. I would argue our team that smashed Madrid in the Champions League might have known a bit too much for the Centurions at that stage of a competition if they could play head to head. I don't think it makes a team better or worse per se, I just think it is a different kind of skill set and mentality.

Real Madrid pretty much dominated the Champions League and won five in a short space of time. They may not have even been the best team throughout that whole period consistently but they knew their craft when it comes to winning these things.

I think this team we have now is getting that and that's an advantage over the Centurions

Entertaining fighter was Tapia

Anyway, I think it depends on how you look at it. The Centurions might have a certain quality but the team we had last season might be more savvy in getting through tournaments and that's a quality in itself. I would argue our team that smashed Madrid in the Champions League might have known a bit too much for the Centurions at that stage of a competition if they could play head to head. I don't think it makes a team better or worse per se, I just think it is a different kind of skill set and mentality.

Real Madrid pretty much dominated the Champions League and won five in a short space of time. They may not have even been the best team throughout that whole period consistently but they knew their craft when it comes to winning these things.

I think this team we have now is getting that and that's an advantage over the Centurions
Real didn't win the La Liga title for like four of those five IIRC?.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.