UEFA coefficients

BillyShears said:
Damanino said:
Had a topic about this a few weeks ago.

We will be in Pot 2 next year too. That is about 90% sure.

But after that 2008/2009 goes out with 20.00 and 2013/2014 comes in and if that is another early CL fiasco we go to Pot 3 for 2014/2015 draw.

Pot 1 is very unlikely now for years. As 2007/2008's low point was in the system until now the same will happen with the current season's low coeff.point.

We will be Pot 2 team most likely for years with some danger to be Pot 3 and no real chance for Pot1. Only with consecutive reaching later stages and later rounds in CL/EL.

But these are only coeff. points. Napoli and Dortmund had lot less coeff points than us thats why they were in Pot 4.
Did it stop them to play well, get their tactics/selections right?Not really.
So it hardly can be a serious excuse for us.

I think the fact that teams like Malaga, Paris, and Dortmund are through to the knock out stages means our pot 2 presence is in serious jeopardy. I'm going to try Cobwebcat's thread.

Your are probably right Billy, I am just trying to work out how many of the 18 above us will qualify next season, not looking good on that front. As you say teams below will overtake us, there is a chance we could end the season approx 22nd. I guess we need Arse or Scum to advance then we get a few more points via the country co-efficient.

Stop fretting about coefficients, if we're good enough we'll get through NO MATTER WHAT.

Garcia, Sinclair, Rodwell & Maicon - that showed ambition.

Van Persie, Lavezzi, Martinez, Thiago Sila, Hazard - went elsewhere.

Plus the fact we have not played well since the start of the season and therefore it is no surprise that we have been turd in Europe.

the goats backside said:
BillyShears said:
Damanino said:
Had a topic about this a few weeks ago.

We will be in Pot 2 next year too. That is about 90% sure.

But after that 2008/2009 goes out with 20.00 and 2013/2014 comes in and if that is another early CL fiasco we go to Pot 3 for 2014/2015 draw.

Pot 1 is very unlikely now for years. As 2007/2008's low point was in the system until now the same will happen with the current season's low coeff.point.

We will be Pot 2 team most likely for years with some danger to be Pot 3 and no real chance for Pot1. Only with consecutive reaching later stages and later rounds in CL/EL.

But these are only coeff. points. Napoli and Dortmund had lot less coeff points than us thats why they were in Pot 4.
Did it stop them to play well, get their tactics/selections right?Not really.
So it hardly can be a serious excuse for us.

I think the fact that teams like Malaga, Paris, and Dortmund are through to the knock out stages means our pot 2 presence is in serious jeopardy. I'm going to try Cobwebcat's thread.

Your are probably right Billy, I am just trying to work out how many of the 18 above us will qualify next season, not looking good on that front. As you say teams below will overtake us, there is a chance we could end the season approx 22nd. I guess we need Arse or Scum to advance then we get a few more points via the country co-efficient.[/quote

We ended up in a slightly easier group from Pot 3 than from Pot2 so Pot3 might be better that way.:)

But its not just this year. Kijev/Sporting fiascos prevented us from getting fair number of points eariler.

Liverpool/Milan wont be in CL net year and I would think that only one of Marseille/Lyon will reach group stage and only one of CSKA/Zenit.
Arsenal's time could be over in CL too. Still fancy Chelsea for third and Spurs for 4th.

We will be fine for pot 2 next season, it is the season after where we might struggle unless we make the quarter final next year.

Yes but we will still be unbelievably shit in Europe. We broke a record yesterday for being the shittest PL team in the group stages ever. Thats fucking amazing guys

The obsession with co-efficients is over for me.

We went out because we didn't play our normal game. We didn't go out because the top seeds were a class above us. They were on the night, but only because we fell way below our potential. At home Every goal was a defensive howler.

Stop conceding stupid goals at home and we will qualify from the toughest group

Just a quick look tells me that Pot 3 is the likely scenario come next year’s draw.

1. Barcelona
2. Bayern Munich
3. Man United
4. Real Madrid
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal – 105.078

These will remain the usual top 6 (unless one of Porto or Valencia manages the unthinkable). Of course, Arsenal could well not make the CL next season.

7. Inter Milan (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 97.596
8. Porto (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 96.90
9. At. Madrid (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 96.119
10. Valencia (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 93.119
11. Lyon (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 92.166
12. Shakhtar (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 88.584
13. AC Milan (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 85.596
14. Benfica (Qualified for EL KO Rounds likely) – 84.900
15. Marseille (Out of Europe) – 78.166
16. Schalke (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 77.380
17. CSKA Moscow (Not in Europe) – 77.199
18. Liverpool (Likely to be out of Europe) – 73.078

These are the teams above City (who are on 69.078). If I was to guess, I’d say CSKA, Liverpool & AC Milan wont be in the CL next year, so that bumps you up 3 places straight away to 16th.

19. Man City – 69.078

20. Dinamo Kiev (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 67.584
21. Sporting Lisbon (Out of Europe) – 66.900
22. Zenit (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 66.199
23. Villarreal (Forget)
24. Ajax ( Qualifed for EL KO Rounds) – 62.831
25. PSV Eindhoven (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 62.831
26. Braga (Out of Europe) – 61.900
27. Metalist Kharkiv (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 61.084
28. PSG (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 60.166

Looking at the teams above, the likes of Dinamo Kiev & Zenit have a chance of catching you providing they were to perform well. Ajax & PSG are probably too far back . (Unless of course any of the teams below win the Europa and bag themselves around 34pts, just as Atletico did last year).

Bar some upsets in the Europa KO Rounds, It’d surprise me to see City remain in the top 16 in place of any of the chasing pack below them.

One thing is for sure though – Winning the Europa League propels you up the rankings in quick time.

lets get in the damm competition first, before worrying about pots.

it almost doesn't matter seeing as we had a harder group than last time and we were up a pot.

and as dortmund and malaga have proved if you are good enough the pot is pretty much irelevant

we have to be good enough for it not to matter

lots to work on blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.