UEFA coefficients

It doesn't. We had this last year. The points available in the Europa League are not significant. Irrelevant.

Not interested myself in the co-efficients and where we place.

Real Madrid are top seeds, so are Arsenal. They are both beatable. The best team in our Group was Dortmund. I think they came from Pot 3

Marvin said:
It doesn't. We had this last year. The points available in the Europa League are not significant. Irrelevant.

Real Madrid are top seeds, so are Arsenal. They are both beatable. The best team in our Group was Dortmund. I think they came from Pot 3

pot 4 this year

Marvin said:

A great post which I finally can agree with Marvin.
It matters not which pot we are in. We should be good enough to qualify and unfortunately we have been found seriously wanting this season.
0 wins out of 6 is a shocking stat.

tonea2003 said:
Marvin said:

pot 4 this year
You make good points marvin and tonea.

Gray said:
Garcia, Sinclair, Rodwell & Maicon - that showed ambition.

Van Persie, Lavezzi, Martinez, Thiago Sila, Hazard - went elsewhere.

Plus the fact we have not played well since the start of the season and therefore it is no surprise that we have been turd in Europe.
^^Exactly This^^

We lose in Europe because we are a slow-moving bulldozer against a quick-moving knife. We amble up the pitch retaining possession and then seek to get through crowded defences that are back in full strength. Without natural wingers, that relies on sharp 1-2's and or people running from deep-lying positions. With play strung cross the area about 30-40 yds from the opposition goal this means that when they come at us, they come with momentum, speed and skill and we are defending going backwards at pace.

In the Premier League this isn't always so bad because crap teams don't have the same levels of pace and skill. The good teams in the PL play more openly and push us back which means we can attack with momentum. But in Europe the good teams don't mix it in the same way, they fall back and then pick us off and we end up with a standard pattern CL game where we have 20 mins of decent possession, fuck-all penetration and no chances. They then pick us off with a rapid attack or two and score and we're behind the 8-ball again.

We need high-quality wingers and we need to attack quickly and leave this ambling forwards job to games against Stoke...

Unless you are in pot 1 it doesnt make a dam bit of difference.

With with the way the draw is stitched up by Uefa to protect some clubs it is a bit of a Joke.

We were in pot 3 last year and had and easier group. Dortmund were in pot four and would stuff all the English teams presently.

The solution is obvious, find a way to adapt the way we play in the league to play better in Europe. Other clubs have taken years to do this and it doesn`t happen over night.

The problem is so far we are having to find that way against top teams. Other clubs got to refine their style against shite - ( as they were always in pot one.). Additionally we are expected just to do it. It takes time and I for one wont worry about it for a least another two years. More important we establish and press home our advantage domestically for the next 3 or 4 years.

Dribble said:
Gray said:

Plus the fact we have not played well since the start of the season and therefore it is no surprise that we have been turd in Europe.
^^Exactly This^^

And i bet he's already regretting it.

We were not good enough this season for CL, simple as. Three home draws and three away defeats in any scenario is very poor. Much to work on. The CL key is win all 3 home games at least. Still we're a club going forward and we've only played in Europe five times since 1979... Real, Ajax and Dortmund were far better sides (with vast amounts of European pedigree). Our Euro return against TNS in 2003, and EB Streymur in 2008 through UEFA Fair Play entry coupled with Timişoara in 2010 don't remotely compete with Real, Dortmund and Ajax's recent campaigns. We'll try and be back.<br /><br />-- Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:39 pm --<br /><br />
inchy14 said:
Dribble said:
Gray said:

^^Exactly This^^

And i bet he's already regretting it.

Good point, well made.

Dortmund will almost definitely move into Pot 3 next season as they were near the top of Pot 4. So a group of death next season may be less likely because I'm finding it hard to think which teams that make you say 'oh fookin' hell, how are they in Pot 4?' could qualify and be there next season. Napoli would also be Pot 3 if they qualify.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.