UEFA coefficients

Why is it certain we always have to have the group of death though?

From Pot 2 like us, Schalke had Arsenal, Olympiacos, and Montpellier this year. Zenit had Milan, Malaga, and Anderlecht. Valencia had Bayern, BATE, and Lille. Benfica had Barca, Celtic, and Spartak (and fooked it up, Celtic did great but we'd expect to qualify ahead of them). Braga had the scum, Galatasaray, and Cluj. I believe we could have gotten out of all of those groups. I suppose it doesn't help our cause with so many English clubs we aren't eligible to draw in Pot 1 but surely those groups I just listed show we should be able to avoid a group of death if UEFA isn't rigging the draw (I still don't understand what they were doing with the other draw that meant we weren't allowed to draw Cluj, Nordsjælland, etc.)?

sjk2008 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's very simple.

Napoli managed it, Dortmund managed it. Why? because they played better than us.

We'll always get a group of death until we start earning UEFA enough money to warrant favours in the draw, so we have to get on with it and actually play well in the bleeding thing.

Which teams have 'earned' these favours?

We've been through this, you know my opinion on that matter.

JoeMercer'sWay said:
sjk2008 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
It's very simple.

Napoli managed it, Dortmund managed it. Why? because they played better than us.

We'll always get a group of death until we start earning UEFA enough money to warrant favours in the draw, so we have to get on with it and actually play well in the bleeding thing.

No, you gave me a list of the members of the European Board, which consisted of representatives of both big and small clubs.

Give me a list of the specific clubs that you think have 'earned' these favours.

sjk2008 said:
JoeMercer'sWay said:
sjk2008 said:

No, you gave me a list of the members of the European Board, which consisted of representatives of both big and small clubs.

Give me a list of the specific clubs that you think have 'earned' these favours.

You know that I think United get protected draws to keep UEFA's coffers lined as they wouldn't get out of a decent group.

sjk2008 said:
Just a quick look tells me that Pot 3 is the likely scenario come next year’s draw.

1. Barcelona
2. Bayern Munich
3. Man United
4. Real Madrid
5. Chelsea
6. Arsenal – 105.078

These will remain the usual top 6 (unless one of Porto or Valencia manages the unthinkable). Of course, Arsenal could well not make the CL next season.

7. Inter Milan (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 97.596
8. Porto (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 96.90
9. At. Madrid (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 96.119
10. Valencia (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 93.119
11. Lyon (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 92.166
12. Shakhtar (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 88.584
13. AC Milan (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 85.596
14. Benfica (Qualified for EL KO Rounds likely) – 84.900
15. Marseille (Out of Europe) – 78.166
16. Schalke (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 77.380
17. CSKA Moscow (Not in Europe) – 77.199
18. Liverpool (Likely to be out of Europe) – 73.078

These are the teams above City (who are on 69.078). If I was to guess, I’d say CSKA, Liverpool & AC Milan wont be in the CL next year, so that bumps you up 3 places straight away to 16th.

19. Man City – 69.078

20. Dinamo Kiev (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 67.584
21. Sporting Lisbon (Out of Europe) – 66.900
22. Zenit (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 66.199
23. Villarreal (Forget)
24. Ajax ( Qualifed for EL KO Rounds) – 62.831
25. PSV Eindhoven (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 62.831
26. Braga (Out of Europe) – 61.900
27. Metalist Kharkiv (Qualified for EL KO Rounds) – 61.084
28. PSG (Qualified for CL KO Rounds) – 60.166

Looking at the teams above, the likes of Dinamo Kiev & Zenit have a chance of catching you providing they were to perform well. Ajax & PSG are probably too far back . (Unless of course any of the teams below win the Europa and bag themselves around 34pts, just as Atletico did last year).

Bar some upsets in the Europa KO Rounds, It’d surprise me to see City remain in the top 16 in place of any of the chasing pack below them.

One thing is for sure though – Winning the Europa League propels you up the rankings in quick time.

This.

Chance of pot 2 more likely pot 3

Until reading this thread, I'd not realised how important those EL failures were. Losing to Kyiv and Sporting weren't meaningless, they hurt our coefficient badly. And failing to qualify this year will put us in a hole for five years? Fuck

One thing is clear even if we are lucky to be in Pot2 again the likes of Ajax, PSG, Dinamo Kijev and Dortmund will be Pot 3 so we will get one of them.

And we certainly get a one of Real/Barca/Bayern again we are simply no lucky to get Porto from Pot1 or an Inter side that is being rebuilded.

And from Pot4 we used to get the hardest possible team whoever that will be next year they will in our group.

But the fact that the only teams finished CL without a win:
City, Dinamo Zagreb, Montpellier, Nordsjelland.

three pot 4 teams and us.

For next year we get Bayern hopefully. that would mean we cant get Dortmund as another German.

So Bayern-City-PSG-Napoli maybe if Napoli gets into CL places in Serie A.

If we cant go trough from this Mancini clearly should be asked about things. Because we can say Ajax, Dortmund being so much experienced and better than us but PSG just started the big spending 1.5 year ago and Napoli didnt get any stronger but lost Lavezzi to PSG since we met them.

But even if we are lucky and its Bayern-City-PSG-XY and XY being like Dinamo Zagreb or Nordsjelland we should go trough next year. Bayern can be better than us but PSG cant.

Surprised me that they topped their group already this year. Even more when Malaga topped their group. They really were in CL fir first time ever. With selling key player like Cazorla in the summer and getting RSC from City.

Bit funny Samaras and RSC are in the CL next rounds with their teams.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.