UEFA Coefficients

The answer is simple. It’s developed and run by UEFA so it’s a load of old bollocks.

Could anyone please enlighten me what have helped Man Utd to be 6 ranks higher than Barcelona, who got La Liga titles in 2018–19, 2022–23 as well as other cups in the last 5 years, (5 La Liga titles in 10 years)?

Maybe some Man Utd fans could give some good explanations?
it's got nothing to do with domestic success (well, it does indirectly, as you need some domestic success to qualify but you can finish 4th FFS and get in).

anyway, United's position on there is inflated by a Europa League semi and runner-up in 19/20 & 20/21. If they continue with poor seasons in europe this year and next, their coefficient will crash.

whether the CL and EL should be getting a very similar amount of points for this ranking is another question i suppose

Could anyone please enlighten me what have helped Man Utd to be 6 ranks higher than Barcelona, who got La Liga titles in 2018–19, 2022–23 as well as other cups in the last 5 years, (5 La Liga titles in 10 years)?

Maybe some Man Utd fans could give some good explanations?
As has been pointed out, it’s down to Europa League success. The same reason (along with their Europa Conference win) why West Ham have a surprisingly high coefficient.
Domestic titles are irrelevant in the calculations.

I find the UEFA coefficients a bit stupid though. There are bonuses for playing in the better competitions, but I find it ridiculous that you get the same 2 points for winning the CL final that you do for winning a group stage game. For comparison, West Ham got the same points last year as Inter. They were only 4 points behind City. It's ridiculous.
Of course it's ridiculous. It was thought up by UEFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.