UEFA Coefficients

Ten years of financial regulations has been shown to be a complete disaster. Football coped quite well for the previous 120 years without any. Clubs are businesses and should stand or fall on their own decisions.
IMO the problem is not that there are regulations as such, but rather that these regulations really are rules designed to protect the business interests of a small group of clubs. This is not in the interest of football, not in the interest of anyone but the cartel. In fact the rules don't even make sense.

1993? if so that really is scandalous - how can they be looking back so far to something that has literally no relevance to today's game, that's shocking!
yep. You could easily argue 10 years is too long, infact to my mind, anything other than last year is irrelevant and wrong for this coefficient bollox.
Same with the 'nation' coefficient, complete bollox.

Considering City (currently) benefit ifrom 2 of these coefficients, I think it stands us in good stead that some of us want them gone, becuase they are just a continuation of the cartel practises, and a pushing down of all 'lesser' clubs/nations.

It looks like we get 12 points for the win, and points are 8 after 5 years and 4 before 1993. 3, 2 and 1 for CWC/Uefa.

City have always benefited from the National Association co-efficient which gives the teams for the bigger countries a leg up especially if they have been out of European comps for a while, so it is hard to complain too much.
1993? Do you mean 2013?

Perhaps I've missed it but if you do mean 1993 I can't see the relevance? UEFA only seem to use 10 & 5 year spans with FIFA using 4(?) for the World Club competition?

1993? Do you mean 2013?

Perhaps I've missed it but if you do mean 1993 I can't see the relevance? UEFA only seem to use 10 & 5 year spans with FIFA using 4(?) for the World Club competition?
It's quite hard to find info detailing it specifically, but this is the best I've found:

The pertinent lines are (Items in bold italics are mine):
"Since 2018 the UEFA club ranking is computed by the sum of club points in the last 5 years, with a minimum of 20% of the country ranking. For the distribution of revenue there is also a 10-year ranking that includes historic title points:"

TITLE POINTSCL/CCEL/UC/CWC
Last 5 years123
From 1992/9382
Before 1992/9341

It is a total cartel con! As Newcastle will discover when they tot up whatever they win in the CL next year and look at ours and especially united's revenue distribution. Newcastle winning the CL would probably earn less than united reaching the round of 16.

Well that rule be thrown out next season!

There was reports last night that the premier are going to introduce a wage cap and it will go of what the bottom team in the premier league turn over is times four! So most teams being bottom of the league with the money in the premier it be well over 100m so the annual wage cap be capped at around 400m.

This yet again is the yanks influence to English football! They’ll keep chipping at our game till they get what they want..
FIFPRO the international players' union are not in favour

1993? Do you mean 2013?

Real Madrid have got 94 points for trophies, (1 x 12) + (7 x 8) + (6 x 4) + (2 X 1) = 94 Their points dropped by 4 this year as 2017/18 went from 12 to 8.

City have got 13 from 12 for Saturday plus 1 for the ECWC.

It goes back to 1955/56. I can't find an explanation published, but there is no other explanation possible.

FIFPRO the international players' union are not in favour

It’s not an individual player cap it’s an annual wage cap! Apparently clubs are discussing it and top 6 clubs in premier don’t agree with it

so next year liverpool will fall even lower as they aint in champs league next year
yes, but they'll have all their previous CL's (and other european trophies) assisting their revenue coefficient, for ever, despite most of the CL's starting heading towards being almost 50 years ago.. as if that's relevant to anything in the here and now in terms of team performance or revenue allocation! Cartel club

Its for the future if the money sky bt overseas pays for the premier goes down then have a cap as in four times the turnover of the bottom team does that! It’s stopping it going a lot more higher into the realms of Barcelona and Madrids
But people have been saying that the TV payment bubble will burst for years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.