UEFA Coefficients

so next year liverpool will fall even lower as they aint in champs league next year
You can get lots of points for winning the other leagues, so it's possible they'll get more in the Europa.

West Ham got as many points as Real Madrid this year and Inter this season!

Real Madrid have got 94 points for trophies, (1 x 12) + (7 x 8) + (6 x 4) + (2 X 1) = 94 Their points dropped by 4 this year as 2017/18 went from 12 to 8.

City have got 13 from 12 for Saturday plus 1 for the ECWC.

It goes back to 1955/56. I can't find an explanation published, but there is no other explanation possible.
Ahh, the historic codswallop they invented to keep certain clubs relevant. I'd forgotten about that.

It's quite hard to find info detailing it specifically, but this is the best I've found:

The pertinent lines are (Items in bold italics are mine):
"Since 2018 the UEFA club ranking is computed by the sum of club points in the last 5 years, with a minimum of 20% of the country ranking. For the distribution of revenue there is also a 10-year ranking that includes historic title points:"

TITLE POINTSCL/CCEL/UC/CWC
Last 5 years123
From 1992/9382
Before 1992/9341

It is a total cartel con! As Newcastle will discover when they tot up whatever they win in the CL next year and look at ours and especially united's revenue distribution. Newcastle winning the CL would probably earn less than united reaching the round of 16.
Thats the website i normally look at for the UEFA points as the actual UEFA website is always out of date. This seems to be updated the day after any matches and has the working of the calcs.
Dont know who runs it but they should do the UEFA official one.

Thats the website i normally look at for the UEFA points as the actual UEFA website is always out of date. This seems to be updated the day after any matches and has the working of the calcs.
Dont know who runs it but they should do the UEFA official one.
Indeed. The UEFA website stuff buries the stuff, I couldn’t find anything about the historical bits, whilst navigating it.

Could anyone please enlighten me what have helped Man Utd to be 6 ranks higher than Barcelona, who got La Liga titles in 2018–19, 2022–23 as well as other cups in the last 5 years, (5 La Liga titles in 10 years)?

Maybe some Man Utd fans could give some good explanations?

Could anyone please enlighten me what have helped Man Utd to be 6 ranks higher than Barcelona, who got La Liga titles in 2018–19, 2022–23 as well as other cups in the last 5 years, (5 La Liga titles in 10 years)?

UEFA. That is the clue. Not domestic.

Knocking them out of Europe last season probably helped a bit.

UEFA. That is the clue. Not domestic.
I find the UEFA coefficients a bit stupid though. There are bonuses for playing in the better competitions, but I find it ridiculous that you get the same 2 points for winning the CL final that you do for winning a group stage game. For comparison, West Ham got the same points last year as Inter. They were only 4 points behind City. It's ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.