UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

This will be good in the long run I believe. The state of football's finances is ridiculous and I believe that these steps are needed to give the game a more level approach. The Sky TV days have seen football go mad and that cannot (and quite rightly will not) continue.

There'll be massive implications on the way, though. Make no mistake about that.

Xavvi said:
This will be good in the long run I believe. The state of football's finances is ridiculous and I believe that these steps are needed to give the game a more level approach. The Sky TV days have seen football go mad and that cannot (and quite rightly will not) continue.

There'll be massive implications on the way, though. Make no mistake about that.

Do us a big one and fuck off.

You really are transparent, you even type scouse!

somebody needs to point out to twatini that city have pumped millions of new money in football clubs across Europe starting with shinawatra and carrying on in spades with the big man.

Clubs in debt whether the interest is affordable are leaching money out of football by virtue of those payments. mill

Uefa is even an even more corrupt old boys club then the FA.

They dont give a flying fuck what the effect on ticket prices will be.

Maybe the sheik should give every season ticket holder a bank account stuffed full of millions which can only be spent on season tickets for the next fifty years. Obviously the cost of season tickets would then rise to 1 million per year

Chippy_boy said:
Cobwebcat said:
Doh! Read the first post.

I don't agree with your response. Hamann Pineapple is perfectly correct (I don't give a stuff about your first post).

There is no way UEFA can prevent us from selling things (TV rights to exhibition matches in UAE, for example) at whatever prices we can get for them. And with well connected, wealthy owners we can probably raise more than enough money this way. What are UEFA to do? Monitor and block all of our sales efforts? Ridiculous, unworkable, and illegal.

Certainly not illegal (and I am qualified to say that) - unworkable? - that is why they have a panel to judge - and the burden of proof is on the club - this is a big threat

Thankfully, the 'Chelsea need their owner to pay their players' quite is total bollocks. At the rate we are going, we will turn an operating profit in a couple of years. Roman has scaled back his spending, not because he is skint, but so Chelsea can break even. City will need to take a similar sensible ownership approach.

However, these rules would rule out too many teams. I either cannot see it going ahead, or there will be a break away competition arranged.

mcfc1632 said:
Chippy_boy said:
I don't agree with your response. Hamann Pineapple is perfectly correct (I don't give a stuff about your first post).

There is no way UEFA can prevent us from selling things (TV rights to exhibition matches in UAE, for example) at whatever prices we can get for them. And with well connected, wealthy owners we can probably raise more than enough money this way. What are UEFA to do? Monitor and block all of our sales efforts? Ridiculous, unworkable, and illegal.

Certainly not illegal (and I am qualified to say that) - unworkable? - that is why they have a panel to judge - and the burden of proof is on the club - this is a big threat

I would love the SOCA get in on this.

Judge "Do you have the money to pay £200M for a box?"
Mr Arab mate "Yes"
Judge " Where did you get the money from"
Mr Arab mate "My current account"
Judge "It is legal?"
Mr Arab Mate "Its called Barclays Bank"
Judge sighs "Case Dimissed and Platini please fuck off".

i have not read all the posts so sorry if repeating but the only way this will be stopped if a club takes uefa to to court for restriction of trade, if this fails then the league and european cup will be won by united, barcelona, madrid and ac milan for the forseeable future, well done platini for killing the concept of sport

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.