UEFA confirm their bid to stop City and keep Utd succesful

etihad could host an invite only competition featuring city and the rest of the best clubs from around the world such as grasshopper zurich and maybe afew from the j league with 500mil prize money, could end up typical city though lol

Rammyblues said:
If they bring it in and the Champions of the prem league aren't allowed to play in it because they have no debt but a team not winning their own domestic league who may have a large debt but greater turnover is, in my view the competition loses everything it claims to be. If they want a level playing field then all prize money in all competitions should be shared equally with all participants then I might go along with it, but while UEFA simply chuck money at the big 16 in Europe and then claim they want parity it hypocritical to say the least.

This is why it will not happen (IMO) it's posturing, they are talking to an audience (mainly French) and telling them what they want to hear

ALBY ALBY ALBY said:
UEFA'S plan is fundamentally flawed, in that currently, the majority of "glamour" clubs will have some sort of financial liabilities. This would bring those affected by the rules together and press on with plans for a breakaway european super league (which i am totally against). That would leave UEFA affiliated clubs left to scrap it out for the Champions league.
As these remaining clubs will be operating on tight budgets, they will hardly be in a position to attract the top names (Kaka, Messi, Ronaldo etc etc) so UEFA's revenues from sponsorship will decline as they will be left with a largely unattractive package to promote against the rival, harlem globe trotters esque, european super league. Exactly where City will fit in to all this remains to be seen, but i'm sure some reative acounting would get round the problem ie our sheikh gets one of his "mates" to arrange an end of season exhibition match against the AbU Dhabi girls school under 14's team in a winner takes all prize pot of £250 m.
One of them each season should boost our turnover !!!

As would charging one of the Sheikh's rich cousin a billion quid for a corporate box.

Interesting to see that the City Las Vegas thread appears to be gathering momentum at last, however cannot see that providing the income in the short term needed by 2012/13 season, maybe by 2017. Wonder what the CL sponsors in particular the TV companies will have to say if not all the champions of Europe are not included in the Champions of Europe League. Like everyone else not really arsed because no doubt in the next year we will have new sponsorship and corporate deals which magically allows us to have a trading profit of £1.00

I've only read about half of these posts so i apologise to anyone who said this before me, but once again I am listening to defeatest opinions. Is ther one single one of you who BELIEVES ? Our turnover will be immense because we will be the biggest club in the world.

BTW Sturridge just scred for chelsea.

Would we start with a clean slate each season in terms of spending? E.g Last season we spent £170 million and made a loss of £90 million. So this year would we start with £0 spending or would our spending from last year be carried over.

If we start a fresh every season then this proposal shouldn't be a problem because we will probably be spending about £20-40 million per season which our income would easily cover now nevermind in 2012-13 when we will have grown considerably in terms of amount of profit.

who says the players have to be paid by Manchester City FC does it state a player must be paid by the club, a possible way round this could be to pay them through another company owned separately by sheik mansour but not necessarily connected with city and football in general

anyone out there who maybe able to shed some light on this?

I have been of the opinion that EUFA or UEFA have a specific agenda which ostensibly is to maintain the status quo of European competition - the same old teams, with the same old champions, where the ultimate prize is only allowed to be won by a select three or four teams.

MCFC would clearly upset the apple-cart by injecting substantial amounts of money and 'buying' their trophy.

The 'New Rules' are clearly formulated to prevent this.

If MCFC found a way to circumvent the rules, legally or within the context of the rules themselves, the BlatterPlatterTwatterTwins would no doubt modify the rules with further 'explanations, clarifications and interpretations' as they did with the World Cup Play-offs. They wanted certain teams in the World Cup so they fiddled the draw. They will fiddle the draw or their rules again to exclude those teams they didn't want in. And I am moving more and more to the notion that if we had American, French, Finnish or Chinese owners, we wouldn't have a problem.

It would be interesting to see what the major commercial sponsors of the Champions League might have to say if the Premier League champions were excluded, particularly if one of those sponsors was a major sponsor of that team!

This is a silly article, especially to suggest that City are in danger. Presumably sponsorship deals will count towards 'football-related revenue'. I note it says that debt is also allowed, so long as interest payments are covered.

All we need to happen is to land a sponsorship deal with Etihad for say £100m a year, i.e. money from the Sheik, to City and back to the Sheik again, ticking all the right boxes along the way. Aletrnatively, a loan from the Sheik at 0.001% interest. Not hard maths really.

On a related topic, very interesting article from 2007 about Khaldoon and the Sheik at <a class="postlink" href="http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2007/03/19/8402357/index2.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/ ... index2.htm</a>.

The gulf between the Sheik's wealth and that of others who shall remain nameless is incredible. His investment in City is clearly one way of putting Abu Dhabi on the map. If he invests as keenly in City as he does in Abu Dhabi's other ventures then Garry Cook's comments the other night can't be anything but spot on. And there's nothing like success in the English Pemier League for ensuring global coverage ...

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.