UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To CAS we go then.

It could be a pyrrhic victory if it reactivates Sheikh Mansour.

You can see how it works when Simon Stone says

Man Utd, UEFA, Liverpool, and the media working hand in glove, and they are quite brazen about it.

If CAS are genuinely independent then they will see this for what it is.

So further proof of the breach of confidentiality that City complained about some no mark like Stone being told by David Gill

Why are people so sure that the CAS is even independent? Since UEFA are clearly happy for it to go to them, I don’t trust CAS much more than I trust UEFA. I reckon they are bent too. UEFA want it to go to them, so I don’t like it. We’re going to get our arse handed to us, whether we’re guilty or not.

So, if we are out of the chumps league for two years, does that mean we can spend like mad for two seasons and it doesn't count toward FFP? ;-)

just blow the whistle on everybody else and call it for what it is BENT we must not go down without taking the rest with us

Conciliation or compromise was doomed to failure so the gloves are off. Mud has been sticking for years so no change there.

It is a risky strategy for UEFA and any clubs engaged in besmirching the reputation of City. MCFC has known it was coming and we can probably expect another UEFA corruption scandal to rank with the FIFA and IOC ones because City are unlikely to hold back and will have done their homework.

What gets me is our accounts are looked at every seasons by Uefa and they pass them!

Yes! I am inclined to think that UEFA is in such a bind because it has botched this from start to finish. It cannot be seen to be basing its case on stolen emails because they're increasingly discredited and partial, their "investigation" amounts to no more than one cock up after another. In particular we find that the period under investigation was 2012-2016, which it seems was not made known to City until after the matter was referred to the AC. The leaks from the IC appear orchestrated to persuade City to accept the sanction or at least negotiate a settlement. City's hardline seems to have pushed UEFA to believe a more uncompromising stance may induce City to compromise but I think they have miscalculated massively. I think City will respond aggressively. I think we'll win but it may be in the ECJ rather than CAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.