UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as clued up on this case as you guys are. But I keep seeing references to 'irrefutable evidence' that you aren't guilty. Is this just something the owners have come out with? Or is there more to it?
None of the evidence, from either side, is public yet (aside from some hacked, possibly out of context emails) but for City to say they have “irrefutable” proof of their innocence suggests they strongly believe in their chances. Otherwise we would’ve presumably accepted the “slap on the wrist” that was apparently offered.

I think it’s pot luck. UEFA picks one judge, we pick another, and CAS themselves provide the third. The whole thing will hinge on that one man’s interpretation of events.
Personally, given that we will have been tried and found guilty by the media a million times over before CAS delivers its judgment, I’d say that 3rd judge will need balls of steel if he’s gonna exonerate us, cos in the eyes of the brainwashed public it would be like Nuremberg freeing Herman Goering. UEFA were as calculating as always in making our ban 2 years, cos it gives CAS the chicken’s way out, ie.downgrading the punishment rather than overruling it, which is no use to City. Even a 1 year ban utterly fucks us financially, and never mind the reputational damage

It is uefas way out in the eyes of the cartel....

"Look lads we banned them for 2 years and gave them a fine, but that crafty old CAS reduced it. Not our fault. But we will get them next time dont worry"

We cannot accept a lesser charge, not a one year ban and reduced fine

We are at a point in time now where uefa have hung us out to dry and leaked it all whenever they could.

We accept a lesser charge then this will only happen again in another 5 years or possibly less

I'm not as clued up on this case as you guys are. But I keep seeing references to 'irrefutable evidence' that you aren't guilty. Is this just something the owners have come out with? Or is there more to it?
I fucking hope so, but even if there is and we are innocent, what are the chances of coming out of this clean. The world and his dog are burying us in shit that will stain forever. Unless we actually spend serious money and fuck them over in the courts . This will be a test for our owners, and the loyalty of current manager and players. The plastics and tourists and glory hunters will move on, and in years to come we will say it was one hell of ride while it lasted

Wonder what current sponsors will think about this. No way Puma, Nissan, Silver Lake etc are happy about this.

Don't you think Silver Lake would have done their own due diligence before investing so heavily?
Can't believe they wouldn't know everything there is to know concerning FFP from a City perspective

City have a dossier of evidence that apparently proves that the hacked emails were heavily redacted and taken out of context. Unfortunately UEFA's IC (including former Liverpool CEO and self confessed lifelong Liverpool supporter Rick Parry) refused them permission to submit it.

Why do people have so much hope about appeals and stuff? Whats this 'the gloves are off' stuff? We may appeal the punishment and get 1 year reduced from the ban but thats surely it? We all want to believe City have a leg to stand on, but maybe we dont?

Either way, fuck Uefa, fuck rival fans and fuck the media.
There's the rub. What is the hard evidence? Uefa will not say until after the appeal. Why not?
If there is hard evidence, Khaldoon has deceived the fans and Pep. If there is not, we will be exhonerated. But we don't know unless it is published.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.