UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it’s highly unlikely that our ownership would endure a meaningful loss of face without significant economic consequences for Europe and the UK in particular.

I still think this will all amount to nothing.
That assumes that the UAE really does stand squarely behind Man City. Personally I have always thought that City belong to Sheikh Mansour. ABu Dhabi and the UAE are not going to make economic sacrifices for Man City who are just one of their many Princes football clubs.

It’s the use of the word ‘flaunting’ that annoys me.
The press always add hyperbole to our stories to make them sound worse than they are, almost an implied guilt that we have done something wrong, ie flaunting, and have yet to be found out and punished for it.

The thing I struggle with most, is the FACT that a rich owner investing money into a football club, has been downgraded from the huge cause for celebration it had always been, to 'cheating' or 'financial doping' purely because City were lucky enough to find such an owner & we are not supposed to be part of that club.

There were a lot of dirty tricks & resentment aimed at Chelsea, by the cartel, but nothing like this. Chelsea have always had one foot in the door.

When Michael Knighton was juggling a football in front of a cheering Stretford End, prior to his ill fated intended takeover of Utd, nobody anywhere gave a flying fuck about whether he would bring in 'too much' money & their subsequent spending spree afterwards was a source of sheer joy to the media, without anyone giving a shit whether it was their money or not or if they borrowed it. It didn't matter either way. Had that been Sheikh Mansour, & he signed all of the World's top 11 players to play for Utd, at record transfer fees, I'm 100% certain there would never have been any talk of introducing FFP whatsoever, they just would have celebrated Utd's untouchable wonderfulness as they won the title every season.

Further along, Andy Gray, Tyler, Richard Keys etc, used to wank themselves silly over Utd's subs bench & how wonderful it was to see these players in the Premier League. No mention of how Notts Forest or Derby or Aston Villa are supposed to compete with it, to get themselves back to being European Cup winners. Nobody gave a fuck about the 'disparity' there.

Where was the outrage & 'cheating' when John Hall bought Newcastle a team ? Again, not even a suggestion of ' levelling the playing field '. We City fans never asked for it, we just thought "lucky bastards, ah well let's hope they beat Utd".

There had never been any suggestion that rich people buying players for clubs, was anything but good luck for those clubs.

Now it's 'cheating' but it won't be, if it happens to Utd or Liverpool & they get a rich investor. Then, FFP will be the cheat & we were right all along.

Very informative.

As to the opinion that this could get personal as it were, I've been trying to say that albeit less elegantly. This could effectively end up with UEFA taking on Abu Dhabi. My dream would be AD bankrupting UEFA.

BTW, on the legal point, Etihad, for instance, might have had financial assistance from AD sources but no one should lose sight of the fact that they have had their name plastered over all things MCFC and they should be paying millions and millions for that.
Etihad have had incredible, far reaching benefits out of the deal with City. Both parties have benefitted enormously, in fact. The agreement has fulfilled all the manifest requirements of such an arrangement. Far more than many other sponsorship deals.

Reactions: OB1
Lots of panicking going on.
David Conn has reported that the CFCB (the UEFA body that runs FFP) we’re unwilling to investigate city, but were pushed into it by other forces within UEFA.
Like any large political body, there are entities within it with different agendas. UEFA is no different.
IMO the outcome will be something along the lines of...
“ UEFA have investigated the claims but have found that they do not raise anything significant over what was already disclosed to UEFA at the time.
Given that City have since improved year on year to a position of financial stability, which is the essence of FFP, no further sanctions will be levied.
There are certain technical accounting issues that City have agreed to regularise in future”
Blah blah.

Very informative.

As to the opinion that this could get personal as it were, I've been trying to say that albeit less elegantly. This could effectively end up with UEFA taking on Abu Dhabi. My dream would be AD bankrupting UEFA.

BTW, on the legal point, Etihad, for instance, might have had financial assistance from AD sources but no one should lose sight of the fact that they have had their name plastered over all things MCFC and they should be paying millions and millions for that.
That was an excellent post from @petrusha.

Probably been said (many times) but Etihad Airlines are a state funded organisation so if it is the Emir that's referenced in the supposed leaked email as 'His Highness', then it is 100% legal for them to invest any amount of money in to the company to promote it around the world. UEFA have already passed the deal off as fair market value so where Etihad get their income from is immaterial and in fact City don't have to know about it and certainly aren't obliged to pass that information on.

That assumes that the UAE really does stand squarely behind Man City. Personally I have always thought that City belong to Sheikh Mansour. ABu Dhabi and the UAE are not going to make economic sacrifices for Man City who are just one of their many Princes football clubs.
That’s a highly simplistic view. Irrespective of the ownership structure of the club, a loss of face for City would be conflated with a loss of face for Abu Dhabi; without a doubt. To a significant extent, one entity is synonymous with the other. You only have to observe the advertising boards at the Etihad during a game to appreciate this.

Reactions: OB1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.