UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool were themselves investigated for a breach of the FFP rules in 2015, but that was due to financial mismanagement prior to the current owner’s takeover – a direct consequence of costly expenses accrued during the ill-fated reign of Tom Hicks and George Gillett Jr as they forlornly pursued a new stadium on Stanley Park.

Uefa accepted Liverpool’s mitigation and cleared the club’s owners of any rule breach.

Lol.

Ah well, their rule breach was only down to 'financial mismanagement' so no problem there.
It’s the use of the word ‘flaunting’ that annoys me.
The press always add hyperbole to our stories to make them sound worse than they are, almost an implied guilt that we have done something wrong, ie flaunting, and have yet to be found out and punished for it.

City has always been there, but it annoys me that it's no longer about the football. The match will finish I'll walk out of the gates at 7.30pm or whatever ridiculous time it will be it will be into the real world, turn on my phone and there it will be. No escaping from it.

I'm OK but thank's for thinking about me. That was nice of you but I think it's best City fans adjust to what's ahead.
Do you mind if some of us wait until after the investigations have finished before considering the least painful form of suicide?

Oh and BTW, wipe your fanny and turn off social media notifications, your quality of life will improve perceptibly.

I think the fear is due to everyone saying relax we have done nothing wrong, stop panicking the last time we faced similar then we still got hammered.

I hope this time we have our house in order and we are watertight but you can understand the unease, we have been here before.

If we were watertight I think we would reacted much more aggressively when the story broke. Any organisation that had been subject to accusations that could seriously damage its reputation and prospects would immediately respond in the strongest possible terms as soon as possible if those accusations were completely unfounded. I can't see what we had to gain by adopting such a low key response if we were in a position to kill the story.

Our response has been more like that of an accused whose lawyer has advised them to "say as little as possible that might incriminate you and make them prove it". Which might be good advice given the illegality of the emails.

Quintuple
I like that little paragraph

Liverpool’s principal owner John W Henry has long been a chief advocate of FFP – his expectation that the rules would be stringently implemented was one of his primary motivations for becoming involved in European football. There will be an expectation that any wrongdoing results in severe sanctions.

Yeah, right John.
Sure it wasn't that between yourselves and RBS, you got them for about 50% of their worth?

I'm just tired of this. I just want to support my club and revel in the glory of this great side. I love football and I love City but I am drained this morning because I know a long torturous road likes ahead and I am going to be dragged through every pot-hole with my club whether I like it or not.

I just wish I could carry on as normal on a match day but today feels different. I am afraid my comments are not to be trusted but it's what I feel. I can't express my thoughts but I love my club just as you all do, and though no fault of our own we are about to be drawn into the mixer and I can not help but yelp before I dive in.

Sorry in an hour or two the blackness the stupidity will pass.

A long torturous road certainly lies ahead: I've got to drive up the part of the M6 that runs from Birmingham on my trip to the Etihad today.

Last edited:
Along torturous road certainly lies ahead: I've got to drive up the part of the M6 that runs from Birmingham on my trip to the Etihad today.

Wouldn't bother mate, all that is left is a carcass of the club.

Reactions: OB1
It’s the use of the word ‘flaunting’ that annoys me.
The press always add hyperbole to our stories to make them sound worse than they are, almost an implied guilt that we have done something wrong, ie flaunting, and have yet to be found out and punished for it.

Yes there are a few new phrases I’ve picked up on....but my favourite

Financial cheating

Do you mind if some of us wait until after the investigations have finished before considering the least painful form of suicide?

Oh and BTW, wipe your fanny and turn off social media notifications, your quality of life will improve perceptibly.
Stay in your City bubble if you like for a little longer. We were all in it at some time but it will burst and then you'll be angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.