UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched some of it and there was a statement i found quite odd as someone asked how the club was reacting to this internally, the response was we are deluded if we can't understand this, he said there are loads of clubs being looked at and these leaks are across a large number of clubs across Europe, "the odd thing is there are more leaks about Man U, and i think he said Liverpool ,than City".He then said that City feel they are being picked on.

So if there are more issues with Man U than us , why is it wrong to thing we are being singled out?
Well, seeing as a lot of those clubs have directors making up the UEFA board, I can't see them being investigated.

I watched some of it and there was a statement i found quite odd as someone asked how the club was reacting to this internally, the response was we are deluded if we can't understand this, he said there are loads of clubs being looked at and these leaks are across a large number of clubs across Europe, "the odd thing is there are more leaks about Man U, and i think he said Liverpool ,than City".He then said that City feel they are being picked on.

So if there are more issues with Man U than us , why is it wrong to thing we are being singled out?

That was Northcroft who mentioned the delusion thing. As others have said, if there’s more stuff about United in the Football Leaks book than there is about City then why hasn’t there been the same level of media hysteria about them?

One interesting thing Northcroft said is that City are more worried about the FIFA investigation than UEFA’s FFP investigation. If that is indeed the case then you’d have to think that the UEFA one will not mount to much, if anything at all.

Also interesting was one of the other guys basically admitting that many journalists writing about FFP haven’t any knowledge of how the rules work.

That was Northcroft who mentioned the delusion thing. As others have said, if there’s more stuff about United in the Football Leaks book than there is about City then why hasn’t there been the same level of media hysteria about them?

One interesting thing Northcroft said is that City are more worried about the FIFA investigation than UEFA’s FFP investigation. If that is indeed the case then you’d have to think that the UEFA one will not mount to much, if anything at all.

Also interesting was one of the other guys basically admitting that many journalists writing about FFP haven’t any knowledge of how the rules work.

Someone suggested the Pogba/Raiola contract thing was FootballLeaks.

If it's that type of thing concerning Utd, it got a lot of coverage, but wasn't against any rules so less newsworthy.

Think the most worrying thing about the FIFA one is as I understand it they are the only ones that can give us a transfer ban. With the Chelsea situation and not being allowed to freeze their ban until it gets to CAS. If any ban comes before the summer it will be very difficult to get it cancelled or frozen in time before the summer window.

It’s part and parcel of the profession. On a daily basis you see articles from journalists riddled with errors; they clearly have a very limited understanding of what they are writing about. None of this tends to restrain them and you see some completely outlandish claims and assertions based upon very limited information or understanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.