UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
People do realise that all of these stories are just setting up the narrative that we beat poor little underdog UEFA by simply throwing money at the problem and finding a legal loophole which meant we escaped the punishment we deserved?

Yep. This huge flood of negative press is designed to overshadow the forthcoming not guilty verdict.

Win this and clubs will be thanking us in years to come.

They might not see it now and are probably loving what is going on but it doesnt alter the fact that a win for us allows any club to challenge the established clubs in the future whilst a loss means most can consign themselves to just making up the numbers forever.

I think you're mistaken in thinking City want FFP gone.

If they did, they could have mounted a challenge at any point over the last decade.

What City probably want is what United, Barcelona, Madrid want, which is FFP to exist, but to be so rich it's meaningless to them. I think the last thing City want as a club is for FFP to be gone and for 5 other billionaires to realise the chains are off and go mad trying to match us.

Exactly right. UEFA have made a decision on the basis of the information available. That decision is currently legally-privileged but it will explain why City have been found guilty and the basis upon which the decision has been made. The progression of the case to CAS is not about UEFA steaming in with previously unchallenged evidence to prove our guilt. It is about whether or not UEFA made a just and proportionate decision which respected due process on the information available at the time. City's case, I believe, can be fought on an evidentiary foundation because procedure and evidence are inextricably linked in this case. UEFA's apparent inability to follow due process in the IC, by substantially reviewing our 200-page defence, led to a failure to consider the evidence properly. City disengaged with the process as soon as it became obvious that UEFA chose expediency over due consideration. When taking this alongside the leaks to the NYT about our recommended punishment at the IC stage, it is right that we did not engage further. The essence of the investigation takes place at the IC stage and the judgement at the AC stage, predicated on the IC's findings. There is nothing UEFA can throw at us now that we haven't yet been able to cross-examine.
Thanks pilgrim. Now get off your horse and drink your milk. :)

im proper bored of this shit already
I like it,a rare moment when blues are together and not tearing strips off each other,i am guilty of that,i'm gonna stop it (hopefully) i kinda like the backs to the wall stuff,it's like the old days

The mods have done a great job on this thread to keep the trolls out so we can have a decent discussion

I just think a lot of people on here have their heads in the clouds if they think it will be completely overturned. The evidence is there and UEFA have acted on it, doesn't matter how it was obtained or how unfair the process was. The best that City can hope for is a reduction in that sanction.

I’ve followed your logic up to now as reasonable but I think this post is incorrect.

If UEFA have not followed correct procedure the case can be thrown out. Yes? That’s not a reduction.

I think, that uefa didn't follow proper procedure, by allowing a leak regarding an active investigation.

Would that automatically get us off the hook though? even if there were leaks and UEFA didn't follow the correct procedure that doesn't mean to say we are in the clear does it? UEFA did say in a statement that they made that they used information reported in the media as part of their investigation (I'm guessing a reference to the football leaks) which they believe to be true.

Would that automatically get us off the hook though? even if there were leaks and UEFA didn't follow the correct procedure that doesn't mean to say we are in the clear does it? UEFA did say in a statement that they made that they used information reported in the media as part of their investigation (I'm guessing a reference to the football leaks) which they believe to be true.
Believing to be true isn't enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.