UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, in the meantime, they can still put you out of the competition.
They didn't let Sion come back during all the court battles.
This was UEFA stance back then : "This is ultimately about protecting clubs, the players and football itself," Platini said in a statement. "We cannot accept that if one individual club does not get its own way then it goes through any possible system to force its will on the others."

I can clearly see the same words uttered if PSG or City were to file a complaint in a civil court.
And as the ECJ have said before, the actual rule of law takes precedence over UEFA every time. That's why you get an injunction. An injunction legally prevents all actions until the legal avenues are resolved.

And as the ECJ have said before, the actual rule of law takes precedence over UEFA every time. That's why you get an injunction. An injunction legally prevents all actions until the legal avenues are resolved.
I'm just not as optimistic as you are.
If it were that easy, i think PSG or City would have already gone to courts. Instead, they are getting their reputation slanted, PSG had to sell all their bench, etc.

I really think clubs fear they might not be able to be allowed to compete in european competitions during the legal process. Hence why UEFA does all sanctions bar the ban against us. I remember that clubs have to sign a document where they declare that they'll comply with UEFA rules and only go to CAS for appeal. If not, you get thrown out.

In regards with FFP and the legal actions, there was this article :https://www.goal.com/en/news/footba...rturn-ffp-in-court/1jtln6fw19enj1pwwn7sm11m7t
I had also read somewhere that UEFA could also argue that FFP is a tool to protect football clubs and since they are institutions with a special value and importance for the local and regional communities, they could get some special exceptions.

I'm just not as optimistic as you are.
If it were that easy, i think PSG or City would have already gone to courts. Instead, they are getting their reputation slanted, PSG had to sell all their bench, etc.

I really think clubs fear they might not be able to be allowed to compete in european competitions during the legal process. Hence why UEFA does all sanctions bar the ban against us. I remember that clubs have to sign a document where they declare that they'll comply with UEFA rules and only go to CAS for appeal. If not, you get thrown out.

In regards with FFP and the legal actions, there was this article :https://www.goal.com/en/news/footba...rturn-ffp-in-court/1jtln6fw19enj1pwwn7sm11m7t
I had also read somewhere that UEFA could also argue that FFP is a tool to protect football clubs and since they are institutions with a special value and importance for the local and regional communities, they could get some special exceptions.
The reason PSG and City haven't gone to the courts is simple. Once we're in, FFPR protects us from future PSGs and Citys.

Can anyone on here , give me a background on the author Mathew Syed. There is obviously some bitterness ...look at the extract from his coloum today

The extract from this coloum

There is another thing too. There has been a view that it is morally sophisticated to look not merely at the specific rules of FFP but the broader power dynamics that led to their enactment. The idea is that when it comes to ethics, you should always take a step back. Well, if so, why stop there? Why not take one further step back and ask about the money bankrolling City? Why not point out the questionable human rights record of the United Arab Emirates, the realpolitik, and the broader objective of a dictatorial regime seeking to launder its reputation?

Sports-washing is the phrase, and it does the job rather well. I ought to say that Manchester City are a great club. They have many wonderful fans. But what I find perplexing is the inability of (some) fans to draw a distinction between the club itself and the people who own the title deeds, and who will be gone the moment that their purposes are served.

How can certain supporters have allowed themselves to become such brainless apologists and enablers for alleged wrongdoing? Much of the sports-washing today is carried out not by paid PR consultants but by ordinary people blinded in extraordinary ways.

As for the club, they have denied the allegations and said that they have not broken any rules. Furthermore, they have “welcomed” the Uefa investigation. If they are exonerated, they should leave this saga with no stain and I, for one, will be writing follow-up columns to sing this from the rooftops. Natural justice demands no less.

But can we at least agree that the initial reluctance of Uefa and the Premier League to get involved, worried about the fallout from confronting a high-profile club, was craven and depressing? An investigation was critical and should be conducted fearlessly. And if City are guilty, it is not just a Champions League ban that must be forthcoming, but an asterisk against everything that they achieved while cheating.

Can anyone on here , give me a background on the author Mathew Syed. There is obviously some bitterness ...look at the extract from his coloum today

There is another thing too. There has been a view that it is morally sophisticated to look not merely at the specific rules of FFP but the broader power dynamics that led to their enactment. The idea is that when it comes to ethics, you should always take a step back. Well, if so, why stop there? Why not take one further step back and ask about the money bankrolling City? Why not point out the questionable human rights record of the United Arab Emirates, the realpolitik, and the broader objective of a dictatorial regime seeking to launder its reputation?

Sports-washing is the phrase, and it does the job rather well. I ought to say that Manchester City are a great club. They have many wonderful fans. But what I find perplexing is the inability of (some) fans to draw a distinction between the club itself and the people who own the title deeds, and who will be gone the moment that their purposes are served.

How can certain supporters have allowed themselves to become such brainless apologists and enablers for alleged wrongdoing? Much of the sports-washing today is carried out not by paid PR consultants but by ordinary people blinded in extraordinary ways.

As for the club, they have denied the allegations and said that they have not broken any rules. Furthermore, they have “welcomed” the Uefa investigation. If they are exonerated, they should leave this saga with no stain and I, for one, will be writing follow-up columns to sing this from the rooftops. Natural justice demands no less.

But can we at least agree that the initial reluctance of Uefa and the Premier League to get involved, worried about the fallout from confronting a high-profile club, was craven and depressing? An investigation was critical and should be conducted fearlessly. And if City are guilty, it is not just a Champions League ban that must be forthcoming, but an asterisk against everything that they achieved while cheating.

Born in Salford has associates who had a meat factory delivering to schools,and another something about toilets. Can’t elaberate more than that to be honest:)

Well that seems balanced and fair! No malice or pre conception there.
Fuck off Syed you nob.
This wanker should never be allowed to step foot on our property again.

That bollocks is straight off RAWK. I doubt he will keep his word about singing from the rooftops if we're exonerated.

Of course you will, Matthew. What fucking planet does this cünt think readers are living on, if he believes people will swallow that pile of bollocks. Sing it from the rooftops ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.