UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Directors are lying to us we would never forgive them.

After seeing that I don’t think they are.

A friend of mine went to a CL corporate match many years ago and got talking to a UEFA official. After a bit the official said I hate your club and what it is doing and walked off.

I thought it weird then. A bit clearer now.

Any club wishing to tackle the cartel head on both on and off the field will be met with this leftist attitude.

UEFA like Holden here in OZ are on borrowed time , in fact Holden is now gone as a brand after 160 odd years in operation and UEFA will follow suit with a much shorter history.

if its not City in part that will bring their demise its the next wave of clubs that will.

Money and principal are forces you cannot keep at bay to avoid your demise if you don't embrace change that is inevitable.

Clubs must rise or fall on the ability of their staff and stakeholders to do what is best for their supporters and themselves by striking the right balance.

UEFA have never had that charter and their time is nigh.

Harris yet again makes a fool of himself by being partisan on his Twitter feed. Does he think City will really do open interviews before the CAS case? Is he really that ignorant of the way the law works? Has he actually trained as a journalist? It is perfectly usual for big organisations to release sensitive statements on their websites. It happens every day, especially in the business world where sensitivity of financial markets is critical. He appears to be a total moron with no objectivity at all. I can't believe his bosses at AP are happy with his contributions. He is actually damaging his own employer's brand as much as City's.

How do they hold down paid jobs ?

To spend that much time on social media simply can't be good for anyone, no matter your job or reason for doing so.
Your grasp on the real world must be seriously compromised if you spend so little time engaging with real people.

Absolutely. Those pesky online forums are the worst.

I wonder if UEFA, under pressure from certain clubs, have pursued a case that they don’t expect to win at CAS. What they hope is that City win on issues of limitation periods or breach or fair procedure.

If we do then the cheating/ financial doping/ fraud allegations made in the press aren’t defeated and it’s presented as City getting off on a technicality.

The result is damage to City’s reputation without punishment. So we would forever be associated with cheating FFP but only getting off because of our legal team.

Could be. I think that even if CAS rule we are not guilty in substance, the media and many others will still make out we are guilty of financial doping and the like and seek to denigrate our achievements, and UEFA know that.

One of the reasons ADUG bought City was the loyalty of our fans.
All our owners, the executive, other staff, Pep and players must be delighted with the unanimous support from fans for City on this issue.
Feran alludes to this.
We will come out stronger.

Well UEFA have broken the "Pinch" agreement they came to with us in 2014 that was supposed to draw a line under the whole affair, so it would be no surprise to me if we were to go to a Swiss court over that. Especially as UEFA went through our sponsorship arrangements in fine detail between 2012-2014.
They would surely argue the pinch agreement was null and void if subsequently found to be based on fraud or misrepresentation. I would in their place.

Whether they can prove that is entirely a different matter.

And this is the narrative that underpins it all isn't it. Same comments made in my local pub last week by two Liverpool fans who had no idea that the four people they were talking to while watching the Forest-Leeds game on TV were a City fan, United fan, and two Blackburn Rovers fans. The exact phrase used was: "City are just in with the Arabs. The dirty cheating bastards" These sort of comments are being made in private and have been made for the last 10 years...not just in pubs but also workplaces I have been in. Racism is a strong element in the way the media have covered our club and its owners. If we had American oil baron owners none of this would have happened and UEFA would not have sanctioned us.
Tebas, of course, supports a political party which wants to ban muslim immigration and expel muslims from Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.